𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌

❝𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒚'𝒔 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next day, Lilith woke up alone in her bed, Fred had been careful enough to leave her some space after their night since she still needed to keep for herself her tough nights. She woke up from the sharp pain in her lower belly and wasn't even surprised - but yet, a bit disappointed - when she confirmed her period had arrived. After taking the pill and applying some healing spells that did little to nothing, she went downstairs only to find Fred preparing tea with some music in the background.

Merlin, at what moment did she fall so fucking hard for that man?

Lilith had never expected to like Fred that much, even less to love him, but as the adult woman she was it was useless not to say it and perhaps it was also meaningless to hide it from him when they both had agreed before to be a support for each other. Maybe she would do it, but not today, at least not today.

It was the magic of love, it flourishes whenever you least expect it and even though Fred had committed lots of mistakes in the past with her and she had committed lots of mistakes with him, there was no doubt that nowadays both were each other's biggest support. Both genuinely thought that, while they had their friends' support, only the two of them knew how similar their circumstances were and understood how the other could feel.

Lilith dragged herself to the kitchen table and sat, resting her head against the table.

Fred looked at her, confused while serving her a cup of tea.

"What happened?" 

"I'm on my period and I have to get to work," she complained, "The bitch of my boss only gave us a couple of days of permission."

"Don't go to work. I was going to help the elves to get some things from the market for today's lunch and then stay at home. Theo is taking care of the store today so I can take care of you."

She snorted, "Freddie, it's not that easy. She hates me enough already and I need the job."

"No, you don't," he sat in front of her, "We have some savings, and aren't you tired of having that woman exploiting you? Because I haven't forgotten the two days you spent working at home without barely a rest."

"What am I gonna do then?" she made a little pout. She wanted to take his offer, but the truth was that being a responsible adult had consequences and her manor and the other needs for her, Fred and the elves weren't going to be paid by magic.

"Work with me," Fred said as if it was the most obvious thing, "The store is doing great, I'm even gaining more money than you and honestly, with all the work we have in there, Nott, George and I could do a bit of extra help. Besides, you never liked that job at the Ministry and we can spend even more time together. Isn't that what Voldemort wants?"

She sighed, considering it. Liv had also manifested how she was considering Marlena's offer to work with her and Willow at the Di Luca's music record shop -- property of her family since the Di Luca's were purebloods and Willow's mum's astronomy studio had been closed because according to Voldemort's ideas, her blood was polluted -- since her job at the Ministry was just as bad as Lilith's. And she had also given Remus all the information she could find in there, especially now that they were restricting her from some areas, suspecting she could be somehow participating with the resistance.

In the end, there was nothing holding her back at the Ministry. And, perhaps she didn't know at the moment, but at the same as Fred was discussing that with her, the most radical side of the Resistance was murdering Dolores Umbridge in her manor, ready to send a dangerous message to Voldemort.