𝐗𝐋

𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄

❝ 𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒃𝒖𝒔𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒃𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒏𝒆𝒘 .❞ - 𝑨𝒓𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒌𝒆𝒚𝒔

little a/n: at the shower part, I recommend you listen to the slowed version of "Wrong" by Zayn and Kehlani, I think you will like it!

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith arrived from work that morning completely exhausted. As soon as that disastrous weekend passed with the arrival of Ares Aramebella, Lilith did her best to ignore what happen and hide her emotions because she was not going to give that man the pleasure of having her devastated, she would bawl her eyes out once she was in front of Remus, in three more days, making sure she would have that fatherly protection and comfort he always brought her, but for now, she would keep it to herself.

She had tried to contact her mother - as much as she hadn't forgiven Circe for everything that woman had done, Lilith would lie if she said she wasn't worried because she knew the effect Ares had on her. It didn't work. The only news she received from her was through his uncle, Severus, saying her mother was sleeping all day thanks to some muggle pills she had managed to get Merlin knows where from.

When she arrived back home, she found Fred doing exercise on the porch of the manor - something in his usual routine. She smiled at him and entered the home without further word.

Fred couldn't help but focus on her and get distracted from what he was doing. Either she had been kind of avoiding him or Fred was starting to feel more clingy and hooked about her. Both options were pretty much possible since the day Ares Arambella appeared again in Lilith's life. These past three days, it seemed as if Lilith was trying to create a bubble around her and not let out any of her feelings or her emotions - whenever Fred tried to approach her about the topic, she immediately changed it to something more trivial, whenever he tried to check if she was doing well, she turned around and went back inside her room, whenever he tried to create a safe space for her to simply let out the words and emotions trapped inside of her, she would simply escape and keep up that bubble not letting him or anyone else get inside.

"Give her a bit of time, she hates her own vulnerability and she will close up in herself just so she doesn't feel like she is bothering you," Olivia Lovegood had said when Fred, in a desperate moment, had decided to ask her when he was visiting his brother at the Lovegood manor.

"But she doesn't bother me!" Fred had protested.

Liv had raised an eyebrow, curiously, and had mitigated a little smile that threatened to shape on her lips, surprised at how much Fred was starting to care about her best friend.

"I know, but she has always been like that. She likes to have her own space when she's grieving and that's not something you can't change from one day to another."

But he simply couldn't stop thinking about it. He wanted her to be closer to him, not only in a physical way, not now that he had realised he was head over heels for her...

Yes, it was completely undeniable now. Fred was in love with Lilith and he had to own it. How could he fall in love with her, when she had always been the last woman in the world meant to be for him? How could he fall in love with her if he still didn't know if Lilith was as up for destroying Voldemort as he was? Fred knew she didn't like that bastard in the slightest, but she disliked him enough to want to destroy him as much as Fred wanted?