𝐗𝐋𝐕

𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

❝𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅.❞ — 𝑻𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝑺𝒘𝒊𝒇𝒕.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Circe Snape couldn't stop the shaking of her leg, as she nervously enumerated today's events.

She touched the little star of David hanging from her necklace, something she used to do whenever she was nervous or thinking. Not only someone had attacked Lord Voldemort -- and she had not given a fuck -- but Ares was still roaming around and, for the first time in years, she didn't know what to do.

Circe wasn't stupid, she had guessed that there had to be some sort of resistance against Voldemort even if he didn't want to admit it. She even suspected her own daughter had something to do, and probably Andromeda Tonks' daughter as well -- the deep friendship that had joined Ted Tonks' widow and her in the past had been so strong that she had even thought about asking her to be Lilith's godmother but Ares decided to ruin Circe's life before she could offer her it--but the world would end and the sun would freeze before Circe even dared to snitch on Lilith or Andromeda's daughter, nor even ask them about it.

She wouldn't be surprised, though. Nymphadora had most likely inherited her mother's rebellious blood. Circe spurn her thoughts away before they would remind her about how Lilith's life had been if she had offered Andromeda to be her godmother and had taken care of her when Circe was imprisoned. She would have probably been so happy and Andromeda would have loved her like a daughter of her own, but no, of course, Severus had to interfere and take the custody by himself. She didn't know why her brother had done it because he had not given Lilith the attention she needed, but Circe guessed it had had something to do with Dumbledore and Severus' obsession with pleasing that man.

About the attack, she hadn't expected an attack precisely right now that Voldemort had more power than ever before, but it made sense. If the Order wanted to give a message, they had done it. And Circe had decided that she was not going to participate in it. She was still holding grudges against the Dark Lord for Ares' arrival because she knew damn well his presence in the Wizarding World was nothing but the Dark Lord's revenge for Circe's failure.

She was definitely going to kill him. 

Perhaps she could kill him after New Year's Day when the Chang girl was going to be executed for treason. Double execution, therefore she wouldn't waste anyone's time. But no, deeply Circe knew she needed to plan her ex-husband's death with time to have every single detail knitted, so she could enjoy thoroughly till the last second of his suffering.

Eileen observed her daughter with pity and sensitivity and huffing, she sat in front of her struggling to move her old muscles. With some hesitance in her movements, Eileen grabbed Circe's hand and caressed it making her daughter's eyes focus on her. She saw all the depth in them -- all the pain hidden behind those black irises.

"Circe," Eileen spoke, not being afraid of that look.

Circe clicked her tongue, annoyed.

"Mother, if you are going to tell me off or make any of your witty remarks, you can keep it to yourself because I'm not in the mood and the last thing I want is to be reminded how fucking alone I am."

I deserve it, Circe thought, All because of him.

Eileen didn't back down.

"I know you think that I hate you, I know you think that I despise you for the mistakes you have done," she started, firmly, "But I don't. Despite everything, you are my daughter and you will always be. I carried you for nine months inside of me and I made you with my flesh and blood, Circe Snape, and I will never hate you. And precisely because of that, I want you to know that you can talk to me. I know that son of a bitch's arrival is poisoning your inside, I know you are keeping countless secrets inside of you killing you slowly -- but you don't have to. I'm here."