𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

❝ 𝑳𝒂𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒐𝒈𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒛𝒂, 𝒐 𝒗𝒐𝒊 𝒄𝒉' 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆. ❞ — 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒓𝒊

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith spent most of the night preparing the potion for Mrs Weasley. It was a tough one that required a lot of concentration and patience, the ingredients were simple but if she didn't cut them and stirred them in her cauldron properly, the potion wouldn't work and she wanted it to work. Maybe it was righteousness in her, maybe it was her ego claiming Fred to recognise there was something good in her, but she wanted that bloody potion to work.

When Fred stood up from bed that morning and found her in the kitchen checking the cauldron while sitting on the countertop, having a cigarette next to the window, he scowled confused at how serious she was taking this of helping him. He was still hesitant about her wanting to do something for him because — why would she do it? There was no benefit she could take from it, but yet, seeing her so keen in something that wasn't about her but about him, installed a little flame in Fred's stomach that he was still deciding whether to like it or to repeal.

"What're you doing up so early?" he broke the cosy silence,  making Lilith take her eyes away from the rain that was falling outside, the sound of the raindrops falling against their kitchen's window as the only melody aside from his morning deep voice.

"Waiting for the potion to be done," she murmured, taking a sip from her cup of tea. "Fancy a cuppa?"

"No, thank you — have you been here all night, Lilith?" he asked when the little dark circles below her eyes became more noticeable for him. 

She nodded, "It's a difficult potion, I told you. It takes a lot of time and concentration, you mess up one single thing and you mess the whole thing."

"You haven't slept at all?"

"Oh, no, I did take little breaks and had little naps on the sofa," she immediately said.

Fred couldn't be more astonished. He blinked once or twice, quite surprised, doing his best to put himself together. Lilith was doing such an effort for something that had to do with him — either she was indeed plotting to poison his mother...or she wasn't as vile as he thought her to be.

A little click sounded from a tiny clock Lilith had next to her cauldron, and she stood down from the countertop, throwing the finished cigarette to the dustbin, and immediately turned down the fire.

"This is ready," she said with a proud grin on her face at seeing how perfect it looked. "I'll put the first dose in one of the little flasks so you can take it with you. Remember it won't bring all her memories at once just all of a sudden, you will have to keep administrating it to her for a couple of months, I looked up if I could make it taste better but I only had honey and strawberry flavour, I hope your mum likes it."

Those two were his mother's favourite flavours.

"Yes, she likes them. Thank you," Fred said in a soft murmur as he stared at her, Lilith noticed his eyes and gave him a quick look with a little smile as she grabbed a ladle and poured a dose of the yellow potion inside the flask, carefully not to spill a single drop. "You were going out too, weren't you?"

"Yeah, I have to see Theo," she said, calmly, passing one of the kitchen cloths all over the countertop so the elves wouldn't have to. 

Fred felt a pinch of jealousy in his chest as he rolled his eyes.