𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐘

__________

Lilith and Fred came out of their room with their hands interlaced. The single touch of each other's skin sent electric currents through each other's bodies. Now that they were together again, they weren't planning on leaving their sides any time soon.

Downstairs their friends, Remus and Sirius were waiting for them, accompanied by a strong ginger man whom Lilith had never met before and whom she immediately distinguished as a Weasley.

Fred's eyes opened widely as soon as he saw the man and Lilith could see how they watered and how his lower lip trembled.

"Charlie..." he mumbled, unable to make his voice sound louder because of the surprise. In the blink of an eye, Fred was running towards his older brother and fusing with him in a strong hug.

A year. A whole year since Fred had seen Charlie Weasley again. The last time had been at St. Mungo's while Fred was recovering from the explosion that almost killed him and Charlie was being forced to leave the room by Voldemort's puppets. He had been sent back to Romania, being considered useless to the Death Eater project and not threatening enough to keep under vigilance. With his family completely wrecked into pieces and his power crumpled like a sheet of paper. 

And now here he was, being part of the Order of the Phoenix once again. Showing Fred that he had never given up, that he still kept that Weasley Gryffindor-ish fury in his veins, beating and more alive than ever before.

Fuck, that was exactly why he was Fred's favourite older brother.

"Godric, Freddie," Charlie murmured, not caring to hold back the tears while squeezing his little brother between his strong arms. "I've missed you so much, you idiot," he separated from him a little bit, giving himself the chance to look closely at the younger Weasley. 

"Fuck, you have grown too," Charlie chuckled, "How is it possible that you and Georgie still grow, you wanker?"

"I've missed you too," Fred smiled, rubbing his face with his hands to wipe off the tears. "Have you seen Bill? How is he? How are you?"

"I'm alright, don't worry about me. I have already seen mum and dad and I'm slightly better. Even though she struggled to recognise me," Charlie sighed, "And Bill is alright too. As good as we can be in this situation. He will be back any time soon - left him tying up some loose ends in the mission."

"And Ron? Perce? Do you know anything about them?" Fred struggled to say, a knot forming inside of his throat at the thought of his older and younger brothers.

Charlie's eyes looked as if they wanted to say thousands of words that were still trapped in his mouth, however, only six words ended up coming from him.

"We will talk about that later," he whispered, giving a quick glance at Remus and Sirius. "Now, tell me. How have you been? How have you coped with that bullshit Voldemort made you do?"

Lilith slightly trembled. Until now she had been too busy feeling a warmth hugging her heart as seeing the two brothers' encounter but now that Charlie had mentioned the Death Eater project that had turned her and Fred into husband and wife, she couldn't help but shiver. Charlie Weasley looked like a good-natured man, with his simple 80's style, his ginger hair, his skin full of freckles that made him look tan and his strong body shaped by his work with the dragons back in Romania. But what if all his affability went away the moment he realised who Fred's wife was and what had happened between them? What if Charlie didn't approve of the idea of Fred falling in love with his lifetime enemy?