𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐍

❝ 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒑𝒖𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒚'𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔. ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The two elves blinked at the same time as they still covered their daughter's eyes.

"Quickly, take out the camera! The faces, Dondey, the faces! Record the faces! This is a historic moment!" Nilsy exclaimed, excited as she patted Dondey's chest with her eyes still focused on the couple who was just as astonished and paralysed as them.

"Nilsy!" Lilith chuckled, sliding down from Fred's body and standing up in front of him to make sure he could hide the obvious bulge in his sweatpants.

Dondey took an old and almost broken camera from his jacket, Merlin knows how, and pointed at Lilith and Fred.

"Here it is!" he said, happily.

"Dondey, for Merlin's sake, put that camera away," Lilith protested, unable to hold back her smile.

"But this is something for the future, Lilith!" Dondey said with a sad expression on his wrinkly face, "Who would have told Dondey, Nilsy and Weepy that Lilith and Mr Weasley would fall in love?"

"Fall in what?!" Lilith said, scandalised as Fred choked with his own saliva, starting coughing.

"We are definitely not in love, Dondey," the ginger managed to say, "And I already told you to call me Fred."

"Yeah, we dislike each other," Lilith said.

"We dislike each other a lot," Fred added, pointing it out.

Nilsy and Dondey looked at each other, confused.

"It didn't look like so a few minutes ago, but Lilith and Fred are the masters and Dondey and Nilsy are only two elves, so if Lilith and Fred say so Dondey can only pretend Dondey believes such a lie."

"Nilsy feels the same," the elf agreed.

"You three are free, you know perfectly we aren't your masters because you three don't have masters," Lilith corrected, with a more serious expression on her face.

"Can Weepey see already? Weepey's a bit scared of darkness," Weepey intervened, with her mother's hands still on her eyes.

Lilith snorted, shaking her head and leaving the library to go back to the living room where her friends were. They gave her interesting looks, probably wondering why she had come back so soon.

"So, Weasley's a quick one-" Theo started.

"Not a word," she interrupted, still smiling, "We didn't do anything, the elves came."

The rest of the night went just as it had started, although Fred had to excuse himself for a couple of minutes to fix the problem going on in his sweatpants. By the end of the night when Lilith's friends started to leave, all of them were so high and tired they could only think about getting inside their beds, and of course, Lilith was going to sleep in her room and Fred in his.

The next morning, being the first one to wake up, Fred was having breakfast in the kitchen, revising the mail when he noticed a particular letter for him. He scowled putting on his reading glasses - since his accident with that explosion during the Battle of Hogwarts where he almost died, his sight had been slightly damaged whenever it came to reading - and revised the elegant handwriting on the white envelope. It had only his name written.