𝐋𝐗𝐈

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐎𝐑

❝ 𝐄𝐭 𝐭𝐮, 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐬? ❞

_____________

The cold clung to her body like sharp needles piercing her bones. The smell of blood was nauseating and the silence before the storm that covered Snape Manor was so deadly Andromeda Tonks doubted being alive.

She did know the Death Eaters were on their way to the manor to avenge their murdered members, though. But they would have to go through Andromeda first.

She had been listening to everything, biting her tongue in order not to partake and reveal her position in the shadows. Circe had contacted her for the first time in too many years, begging her to come to Snape Manor and informing her about her suspicions. The Snape woman knew the Death Eaters were going after her and even though Andromeda was far from appreciating Circe as she had done back in the day, she didn't doubt once about helping her. According to her mother, that was one of Andromeda's many flaws, the need to help everyone at every time.

But, fuck it, this wasn't just anyone, this was Lilith, her goddaughter. The girl Andromeda wished she could have protected before.

The moment the Death Eaters entered the Snape grounds, with their bodies turned into shadows so they could move around through the air, Andromeda ran to the gardens, grabbing her wand and squeezing it in between her sweaty hands. Images of her daughter, of her late husband and of the life she had before those bastards tried to wreck her again flashed through her eyes. They had destroyed Andromeda Black thirty years ago and now they wanted to destroy Andromeda Tonks until no shred of her soul was left.

Good luck.

"PROTEGO DIABOLICA" Andromeda raised her wand in the air watching how the circle of fire surrounded the entire manor at the exact moment before the Death Eaters entered it. She could almost taste their frustration.

She wanted to kill them. All of them. But she was no fool, Andromeda knew she couldn't do it alone and the kids inside the manor needed to escape before it was too late. The blue flames were so high Andromeda knew the Death Eaters couldn't see inside the manor's big windows or what was going on behind them, that's why she made the little sign. The same sign she and Circe had created to communicate with each other back when they were teens, and right now she was doing that same sign to a very different Circe Snape from the one Andy knew but a Circe who still understood the sign just as she had done years and years ago. 

Two fingers pressed against her jaw, three taps. Get out of here.

Circe, after seeing that, didn't wait for a second to force her daughter, Lupin and the other two young men to leave the manor in the same way they had arrived at it - underground. Asking for Andromeda's help had been a risky choice, but if Circe had to do it again she would do it. There was no one in this world Circe trusted more than her even if her past best friend still hated her.

"Congratulations, Andy!" Andromeda heard her old sister shouting at her behind the flames. "One more time you have let down your family! What would Mother say if she saw you betraying your own blood once again?"

"Bold of you to assume I give a fuck about what that bitch had to say, Bella. I thought you knew me better," Andromeda teased while looking for a way to get out.

She could hear her sister's fury and while Andy knew better than to anger the lunatic fanatic she had for her sister, she couldn't help it. One year of putting up with Bellatrix's insanity had definitely loosened Andromeda's tongue for good.