𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃

❝𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑎 𝑐𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑛𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑔𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The evening of the 26th of December 1999 didn't look out of normal for Fred or Lilith. After having decided they would start working together at the new Weasley shop so she could leave her horrible job at the Ministry, their day continued with them spending time together.

It was around 7 pm, the sun had already settled a couple of hours ago and soft and weak rain had taken over the dark blue sky while inside the Arambella manor, Fred Weasley was trying to paint a portrait of Lilith with a bit of help from his own magic and the techniques Lilith herself had taught him while she was sat in one of the armchairs, posing for him.

"Don't move, Lilith, I need to see what exact colour your eyes are," he murmured, focusing on the palette and the canvas.

She had been sitting there for almost an hour in which Fred didn't want to show her yet the result of his work, and even though it could seem a tedious task to do, she was comfortable and enjoying to see Fred so focused on something - experimenting with the colours, drawing slowly the lines, paying attention to every single detail of her face...

"You promised me you would show me!" she protested, with a little smile on her face.

"And I will, once it's finished," he pointed out.

"That's not fair," she tried to protest, uselessly.

Fred was about to reply when the main door's bell rang, kind of startling them, including the elves who were also hanging around in the living room. They looked into each other's eyes and confirmed silently they weren't waiting for anyone but it was Nilsy the one who stood up to open the door.

Hearing Nilsy struggling and protesting 'Sir cannot enter the manor without Nilsy's masters' permision' made both Fred and Lilith stand up cautiously. Soon, Douglas Avery and some other lesser members of the Death Eaters along with a smiley Ares Arambella appeared in the entrance of the living room. Almost immediately, the married couple breathed deeply, glaring at the two men who they knew and who they despised.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Lilith spat while Fred placed her behind himself, in a protective way.

"You still haven't learn how to properly greet your dad, monster?" Arambella spluttered with an ironic smile.

"Fuck off, son of a bitch. I already told you to not even look in my wife's direction," Fred intervened.

"Don't be so rude, Weasley! I only wanted to ask her how's Mommy Snape doing!" Arambella teased, making Lilith huff.

"She's perfectly fine, thank you," Lilith intervened, "Planning your murder."

"Speaking about murder, Arambella-" Avery started, being immediately interrupted by Lilith;

"Weasley," she corrected him, making Fred hide a proud smile.

"We are here to arrest you," Avery concluded, looking at her with an eager hate that gave her chills.

"Momentarly, sir," another of the Death Eaters, one of the lesser ones, intervened, nervous.

"Yeah, momentarly, whatever," Avery said, still focusing his eyes on the woman.

"What? What the fuck for?!" Lilith asked being completely astonished and with her heart bumping blood incredibly fast. 

She should have known something was going to happen. She should have known things were going too well and everything was too calm.