𝐗𝐈

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

❝ 𝑹𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lilith stood up from being at her friends' table, with Theo, Draco, Liv, Willow and George. It had passed a good couple of minutes since the last time she saw Fred, and for some reason, she still had that warm feeling in her insides. Why did she have to feel something like that with him? Why precisely him?

She had thanked the fact that he had literally vanished from her sight field, and luckily, he would be fucking some other girl - maybe Sienna, maybe any of the other girls with who he used to hang out in the past -, she really hoped so because that meant she could hate him freely. Not feel any kind of attraction towards him as the one she was feeling at the moment. Her whole body had felt flustered and warm during their dance, she felt she could have literally melted in his arms and if Fred had asked to kiss her, she wouldn't have refused. And that pissed Lilith off.

Taking from her purse her pack of cigarettes and her lighter, she took a single cig and put it in between her lips. Watching her friends still talking and using this moment to sneak in between all the crowd, walking towards the big, elegant and slightly isolated balcony. She knew Remus was probably there, somewhere hidden, maybe even waiting for her to show up. But it was too risky, and Lilith would rather die before putting Remus in danger.

She lit her cigarette, enjoying the fact that she was alone in the middle of the dark night with the music and the golden lights behind her back. She breathed the smoke, letting it out from her lips softly and slowly, letting the cold air hug her body, cooling it down from her previous heated encounter with certain ginger she didn't want to think about. Lilith's eyes focused on the starry and clean sky, this part of England, where Voldemort had decided to establish most of the manors, was quite far from pollution so, at least, they could see the stars and the moon and wish for a better life than the farce all of them where living.

Suddenly, in the middle of the silence, she felt the bushes below the balcony moving. Lilith stayed as silent as she could and hearing how the leaves in them were still moving against each other, she whistled the melody Remus had taught her to see if it was him hidden as she predicted.

Lilith got another whistle back, but this one wasn't the one Remus used to confirm his presence in a place and to assure her they could safely meet - instead, it was the whistle he used whenever he had to cancel their encounters because they could be too dangerous. It was a simple melody tinted with a sad hint and that it slowly decreased until it was no longer heard. She made a little pout, closing her fists over the balcony's barrier until her nails were buried in her palms. She wanted to see Remus - no, she needed to see Remus. She needed his paternal love, she needed one of his hugs, his advice, one of those comforting smiles, seeing that someone other than her friends loved her, seeing that someone still had hope in her.