𝐋𝐗𝐈𝐈

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 

________________

They have her.

Mr Hevia's message arrived at the headquarters on the Friday morning of 11th February 2000. Lilith didn't even need to fact-check to know who he was talking about. Her grandmother.

Of course, Voldemort wouldn't let someone like Eileen walk freely from the war that was awakening in the shadows. He knew she had too many connections to the Order and was known for despising his society model. The rage he was feeling for the loss of some of his best Death Eaters and the Weasleys' breakout from Azkaban must have been the perfect trigger for him to focus his anger on someone within his reach. 

Lilith couldn't help but chew into the matter for hours. She should have taken her grandmother with her after finding out she was the leader of the Resistance. She should have protected her for once. But fuck, Merlin knew not even Lilith could have convinced Eileen to step aside and not fight for her freedom.

"I should have known," Ginny Weasley wiped off the tears that were already sliding down her cheeks. "I should have known that bastard couldn't be trusted. It's all my fault."

The Weasley girl felt the guilt crushing her shoulders. She had committed a fatal flaw; trusting people too much. Once again her Gryffindor good nature had taken over her making her think that her arranged husband's silence could be interpreted as good, now she was learning the hard way what Eileen Prince had repeated to her thousands of times whenever she knew Adrian Pucey knew about the Resistance plans; never trust someone who knows too much and says too little.

If Eileen died because of her naivety, Ginny would never forgive herself. That woman had been like a mother to her when Molly Weasley was far too trapped in her mind for her motherly nature to come up.

"It's not your fault, Ginny. You are not the one putting a knife against my grandmother's throat," Lilith tried to calm her, but the nervousness in her body had her mind too occupied for her to come up with better words. "Besides, my grandma has always been in a dangerous position, one or another, she would have ended up in their hands."

"We have to do something, though," Ginny said, anxiously walking all over the room.

"Oh, of course, we are doing something," Lilith scoffed without a single ounce of amusement in her voice. "We are not letting my grandmother die."

"And what can we do?" Fred went on, sitting next to Lilith and still perplexed. He already knew killing Avery, Yaxley and the others wouldn't go unpunished but he hadn't anticipated that Eileen of all people would be the target. "We are trapped down here, everybody up there knows our faces and everybody up there and their mother are looking for us for treason."

"Fred is right," Remus pointed out, leaning against one of the tables, looking quite exhausted and biting his inner cheek as he tried to find a solution to the new dilemma they had in between their hands. "Going up there just like that can be very dangerous, but we cannot leave Eileen back. Not after everything she has done for us. Without the Resistance, the Order would have never been able to shake Voldemort's world the way they have done. They need their leader and we need them."

"We need to think thoroughly," Hermione intervened, crossing her arms in front of her chest after accommodating her hair which was put in a long tight braid. "We already know how the Death Eaters work, if we know they have her is because they want us to know they have her and because they want us to act. We need to plan her rescue carefully."

The moment those words left Hermione's mouth, the alarm Sirius and Remus had set in order to prevent anyone from getting near the headquarters went off. Everyone looked at each other with surprise and they didn't wait long before running towards the entrance with their wands in their hands.