𝐗𝐋𝐈

𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆

❝ 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇.❞ — 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒏𝒅

TW: sexual content (ik you were waiting for this and since these two have a lot of tension to release I had to part it in two chapters)

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Remus Lupin observed Lilith with a worried face. His heart felt immediately like breaking at the sight of the girl he considered his daughter crying inconsolably.

She had arrived at their reunion remaining calm and seeming as if nothing had happened, but Remus knew perfectly well by now how to read the pain in Lilith's eyes and everything in that glassy green in her look told him something incredibly bad had already happened.

He had started to discreetly question her almost immediately — she hadn't told him anything out of normal at first; she had had breakfast with Fred on their porch while sharing a cigarette, she had gone to work normally, she had provided him with some information about the new detentions Voldemort had been doing and the nervousness among the Death Eaters for not finding a clue about Harry's whereabouts anywhere up there and...she had finally broken that shield of hers the moment she told him about Voldemort's new muggle adviser.

Ares fucking Arambella.

Remus had felt his blood abandoning his face as soon as his daughter's mouth pronounced that name. He thought he would never hear about the sperm donor — because Remus was Lilith's only and true father — aside from the pain that his abandonment had caused on his kid, and now, knowing that he was back and ready to hurt his Lilith made Remus feel a kind of anger that flooded his veins and woke up his wolf's rage like a fire growing in a match.

It had been years and years since he had been this angry...

"Don't worry, my dear," Remus whispered, hugging her and hearing her hiccups against his chest. It broke his heart in a million pieces seeing Lilith so wrecked. Because Remus thought — knew, more like — Lilith had suffered already enough for this life and another one. Because Remus thought one of these days pain would become too much for Lilith and would break her more than it had already done. And Remus didn't want to see that. "If he wants to hurt you, he will have to kill me and the wolf first. I swear to Merlin nothing will happen to you."

"You can't do anything, Remus. We can't risk the Order," she whispered, trying to control her breathing.

Remus clicked his tongue. "I don't care about that, Lilith. I'm already risking you enough, I won't let that happen under no circumstance and that's not up to discussion."

He sighed, still caressing her hair.

"Have you spoken to Fred about this?"

"No," she replied, slightly calmer, "I don't want to worry him."

Remus scowled. "You don't want to worry him? Or you don't want him to know that much about you so he can't see you being vulnerable?"

Lilith chuckled through her tears. "Fuck off, Remus, you know me too well..."

He arched an eyebrow, caressing her cheek as she separated a bit from him to look him in the eyes.

"I don't want to be this attached to him," she confessed, "I don't want to put that weight on him. I don't want to turn off his light with this darkness. And I definitely don't want him to see all the shit that surrounds my life. He likes the strong and powerful version of me — not this one. Besides, I have already shown myself vulnerable enough with him before and I don't want to give him too much for him to later take it away from me later once he gets tired of me."