Twenty One

Our passion ignites us. Rapture spawns the inferno in which we perish, entwined. From smoldering coals we are formed, from our ashes, we rise. Discovered in the aftermath, our memory, our birth scars; third degree madness. Identical imperfections. Forever branded.
~ Lennon Hodson

Track 22; Polaroid by Imagine Dragons

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

"You'll text me everyday?"

"Hawks, I'm not leaving the country. I'll only be a few hours away. You'd be able to reach me at a moment's notice if I absolutely needed you."

"I know, I know." He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck with his hand. "I just worry about you, y'know."

You gave him a soft smile and wrapped your arms around his neck, toying with the strands of hair at the nape. "I know, but I can kick some butt."

He gave you a gentle kiss and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "I'll send you pictures of the cat everyday."

"Good. Tell him I didn't abandon him, please."

He laughed. "Sure stardust. Are you sure you got everything?"

You nodded in affirmation. "Yup, I'm sure I packed more than necessary."

"Good luck out there. I love you."

"I love you too, Hawks." You gave him another kiss before waving him off.

With a happy sigh you pivoted on the balls of your feet and wandered through the gates of U.A., both hands holding the duffel bag you had slung over one of your shoulders. You hummed a tune under your breath as you approached the familiar outline of Aizawa. He heard you call out his name and turned to face you when you approached.

"You're late. We've been waiting for you." He scolded.

"S-sorry!" You yelped, tossing your bag in the undercarriage of the bus before scaling the stairs inside. It was odd to see the entire group of students go quiet once you were onboard. "Uh, hello."

Aizawa stood behind you, looking over the arch of one of your wings to look at his students. "Class, this is (L/N). She's an alumni that's tagging along for the training camp."

They all stared at you with wide eyes like they were deers in headlights. Suddenly it was like a bomb went off.

"An alumni?"

"Is that the word for a graduate?"

"Yes Mineta, it is."

"Why is an alumni here?"

"Stop talking." Aizawa instructed and the bus fell silent immediately. "You can ask your questions one at a time." He used a hand to nudge the small of your back towards one of the front seats of the bus. "Go sit down."

Needless to say, the bus ride was interesting. Some of the kids pestered you with questions and there were too many names to fully memorize on the first go around. You'd definitely have to remember them by specific details of their look—like the dude with a bird head and the girl that had pink skin. You doubt you'd be able to remember their names but for now you could tell them apart from one another.

You spent most of your time unintentionally eavesdropping on the students' conversations with one another, having to hold back your laughs when they all began teasing the one known as Bakugo. You faintly remembered Aizawa mentioning something about that student particularly being a difficult case to manage. You didn't get much time to think about it before Aizawa took your focus away from his freshman class and towards him with idle chit chat. An hour flew by during those brief conversations and soon enough the bus came to a stop. Aizawa stood up and led the way off of the bus, declaring a bathroom break. You gave a quick glance back to the students before shrugging your shoulders and following him off. It wasn't too long before they were copying you.