★ Thirty Three

Hell is empty. All the devils are here.
~ William Shakespeare

Track 34; If I Killed Someone For You by Alec Benjamin

Authors Note: this chapter may be triggering to some readers who have been raped and/or sexually assaulted.

Read at your own risk.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Keigo's day didn't exactly go as planned. Every morning he would roll over and feel you there laying next to him, but when he rolled over he fell off the couch instead.

The blond sat up and had to take a minute to process his surroundings. Why had he fallen asleep on the couch? What time was it? Where were you?

Ah fuck, that's right.

He fucked up.

His brown eyes scanned the wall until he found something that told him the time. He didn't recognize the clock until he remembered that you had purchased it and put it there so that way he wasn't always asking you what time it was. 9:37 AM.

He figured that you were awake by now so he jumped to his feet, ready to make amends and he rushed down the hallway towards your bedroom, only to find that the door was open. Strange, he assumed that you would've closed it last night and locked it. He knocked his knuckles on the door, effectively pushing it open more to reveal the cats laying on your bed, but no you. The bathroom door was open, and so was your bedroom window. The screen looked odd so he approached it. With further evaluation he came across the answer that you'd left the previous night through your bedroom window.

"Fuck." He had no idea where you were, who you were with, anything. His feathers prickled with anxiety. Yoshio meowed from the bed and he turned towards the large cat snuggled next to the kitten. Momo was just waking up, her green eyes glazed with sleep. "I figure the two of you want breakfast, yeah?" In response, Yoshio leaped off the bed and Momo followed with an anguished cry.

He didn't let his thoughts get to him though his mind was rushing to bad conclusions of what happened to you. He didn't have time to fret over what could've happened to you when he figured that you were with Aizawa. The pro-Hero was your only companion that he knew of, and he was sure that you would tell him about others if there were any...right?

Did you end up at another guy's house? Did you sleep in his bed with him? Did anything happen? He unconsciously busted the can of wet cat food in his hand but used his other to catch what fell out. He grumbled under his breath, calling himself a 'fucking idiot' and more demeaning words as he dished out the wet food from the destroyed can. Once both cats were chowing down, he used the fork to scrape the wet food that remained into a baggy and tossed it back into the fridge next to the rest of the unopened cans.

He blacked out, and found himself in the shower standing under the water with his clothes on. How did he get here? Deciding he might as well bathe since he was already in here, he stripped off his soggy clothes and tossed them onto the tile floor outside the shower.

The next place he found himself was back in your bedroom, searching for anything that said where you had gone. He found no note, and his anxiety began to increase again. Was he having panic attacks? Why was he blacking out so often?

The final time he came back to consciousness he was laying on the couch staring up at the skylight, waiting for you to get home. It had been six hours since he had woken up and he was going stir crazy. The cats were avoiding him like the plague, they refused to leave your bedroom unless they needed water or food. He had nobody to talk to, and nothing good was on the television. With a heavy sigh he threw himself to his feet and decided he might as well get out of the house and do something to distract his brain. He hoped that by the time he came home, you were there and willing to make peace with him.

With a last glance at the forlorn penthouse, he closed the front door behind him and locked it.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

The sun was settling over the horizon by the time that you got back to the penthouse. It wasn't exactly close to U.A. high, but it usually didn't take you all fucking day to get home. You'd procrastinated on your return by hanging out in different parks simply people-watching. The last place that you stopped was by Momo's siblings. Thankfully the dirt remained untouched as well as the stones. You were surprised to see an actual memorial granite slab settled in the soft earth.

For those lost to the cruelty of man.

It made you cry, since you knew exactly who put it there.  There were different flower arrangements scattered around it, some flowers already wilting but others seemed fresh and placed there recently. You wondered who put them there, since you knew that Keigo had been away for two weeks.

You went to unlock the front door before you noticed that it was slightly open. Your heart immediately began to pound in your chest.

There was somebody inside, and it wasn't Keigo.

The ashy blond knew better than to leave a door open—primarily the front one because the cats could get out—good luck finding them then. The back patio was a different story since it had glass fencing surrounding the perimeter that was too tall for any cat to jump over.

You put the penthouse key between your pointer and middle finger, putting your old bar and apartment keys between your others as a makeshift knuckle buster. There were things on the wall that you could grab with your telekinesis as soon as you got inside, but you didn't know if your reaction timing would be fast enough to make the distance between where the picture frame came from and the intruder.

If you had one weakness, it would be a surprise attack.

And whoever was inside knew that Keigo was gone, but they didn't know who would return home first, you or him.

Carefully without a sound, you stepped inside, closing the door to where you had originally found it—slightly open. The intruder could be anywhere in the apartment, but you didn't know where.

Quickly scanning your surroundings, you whipped out your phone to send an SOS text to Aizawa, Hizashi, and Keigo. You didn't know who would get there first, but you knew that you had backup coming if anything went awry.

Before you could send the group message, something struck you across the back of the head.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Something that resembled a tsunami siren began sounding off in Keigo's head and without any hesitation, his instincts took over.

He had been on patrol when the ringing first started in his ears and he lost complete control over himself. Unconsciously his wings threw him into a fast pace back towards the penthouse. Red began to sink in from his peripherals, giving him tunnel vision.

It took him twenty minutes to get home and he broke the glass of the skylight with a kick to drop in. As he plummeted he pulled two feathers from his wings. Shattered glass fell around him as he landed harshly on the carpet in a crouched position, wings swept out behind him poised to shoot feathers if anything approached him from behind.

His heart plummeted into his chest when he saw a large trail of blood lead from the front door to the kitchen and he followed it with a sprint. It could've been one of the cats for all he knew, but the smashed phone at the entrance to the kitchen told him otherwise.

You were unconscious on the floor, various knives stabbed through your wings to pin you down. Your clothes were ripped from your body in haste, remnants of the fabric scattered across the tile. Your skin was littered with bruises and various burns that were rapidly healing.

What he saw made him want to vomit, but he didn't have any time.

Written out of indigo feathers plucked from your wings read:

Welcome home, Hawks.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧
words; 1407

thanks for reading!
if any of you complain about what happened in this chapter, get the fuck out of here. it's vital to the story line and I put a warning at the beginning for a reason.
stars on chapters don't always mean sex scenes.