Fifty Two

I wish you were still just a human to me, I don't want to look at you and see poetry.
~ k.p.k.

Track 53; Take You There by H.E.R.

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

A few weeks had gone by since Keigo was last home, and April was just around the corner. You had kept yourself busy by preoccupying yourself with work and keeping your cats entertained, yet not much had come out of it. You hadn't budged from your position as #17, though you weren't looking to aim any higher. You hadn't been aiming for a rank that high anyways, you'd just wanted a side job for your off-time at the bar, something you could do alongside Hawks. It was unfortunate that you'd followed your original plan of becoming a hero in order to spend more time with your husband, and he was nowhere to be seen.

Not only that, but you were a hero that killed the parent she was trying to represent once she'd stepped back up into the spotlight.

The only few people who knew that though were you, Aizawa, Hawks, and...Dabi. You hated thinking about him. What had you done to him to make him hate you and mess up your life so badly? You wondered what kind of mind somebody had to use a reanimated, transformed corpse in order to trick somebody into committing parenticide. You shook your head. You couldn't think about that. Not when you had other things to focus on.

Like the fact that your morning alarm was going off, meaning Yoshio was on your chest, doing his usual march. Alongside him, on your thighs was Momo, doing the same. Though she was much gentler in her biscuit-making, which you appreciated. Your eyes fluttered open to see the grey felines amber eyes boring into yours, a silent demand for breakfast. You ran your fingers over his velvety soft fur and he immediately purred upon contact. Momo felt a little left out once she'd realized the affection being given, and nudged her head underneath your elbow to get some herself.

You spent a few minutes scratching under her chin and fawning over Yoshio in the early rays of sunlight peering through the windows. You heard nothing but purrs, silencing the thumping of your own heartbeat. The only thing that could make this better was if your husband was home. You wished he could be here to partake in your morning routine. After coercing the Maine Coon off your lap, you swung your legs over the edge of the bed and rose to your feet.

Yoshio did his best to trip you up as you meandered down the hallway towards the kitchen in order to feed him. You grumbled under your breath at him as he meowed repetitively and wove between your legs as you walked, howling in shock when you stepped on his paw.

"That's what you get for walking in between my legs." You chided him, watching his fluffed up body skitter towards his food bowl to wait patiently instead. You looked down to see Momo walking alongside you, her tail curled in the air as she rubbed against the outside of your calf on the brief occasion. "You are such a polite lady, Momo. Can you teach him some manners?"

Her green eyes blinked at you in a silent response once you stepped onto the cool linoleum of the kitchen. You went about opening a new can of wet cat food and fetching both bowls from the floor, mixing their deviated portions in with the dry kibble before setting them down. Yoshio purred while he scarfed as much into his mouth as he could. Momo on the other hand sat down and wrapped her tail around her paws, taking her time with her breakfast.

You used your foot to scoot Yoshio away from the other feline when he approached her bowl after finishing his own. When he tried again, you picked him up with your telekinesis. Immediately he went ragdoll, only to find himself in your arms. He'd become familiar with this method of restraint when he refused to back off of Momos food until she was finished. It wasn't until the tortishell was satisfied that you set him down again, and he beelined for her food bowl to check it over. He gave you a withering glare after he found it empty, like it was your fault.