Thirty Seven

A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink.

Track 38; Jumpsuit by Twenty One Pilots

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Even though you were technically a pro-hero now, you still needed an escort according to Keigo. To your dismay, Eraserhead and Present Mic agreed with him on that part. You were pretty upset about being treated like a damsel in distress but you underhandedly thanked their concern for your safety by not putting up much of a fight.

As you stepped outside the main lobby doors of the penthouse you shared with your raptor of a significant other, you noticed Hizashi parked in his car. You'd mentioned to him and Aizawa that you needed to run to the new bar to make sure construction was going to plan, so the two of them made sure that one of them was able to be by your side since Hawks was busy.

He wasn't home a majority of the time anymore which you really didn't appreciate but you understood why. You were glad to have Momo officially in the house for good as the days went by. You found yourself getting lonely more often than not when he was gone, though you knew that you were safe since he was doing everything in his capabilities to keep an eye on Dabi for you.

Hizashi was blaring to music, loud enough that you could hear the muffled audio on the outside. He was tossing his head from side to side, singing at a reasonable level of volume for himself. When you knocked your knuckles on the window he shrieked, causing a crack to go through his windshield. He gave you a halfhearted glare when his pointer finger slammed down on the unlock button to let you inside.

"You scared me half to death!" He whined.

"Maybe you should be more observant of your surroundings, you ding dong." You teased him, buckling yourself up as he huffed and turned on his blinker to signal him reentering traffic.

"Okay mom." He replied mockingly, checking his mirror as he pulled into the road.

"I wish you guys would've let me fly there." You sighed, propping your head up on the palm of your hand as you looked out the window.

"And I wish that we didn't have to escort you out and about too." He gave you a glance out of the corner of his eye. "But with what you've been through, and what's happening underground is reason enough for us to be cautious."

You lifted your gaze to look out the sky once you got bored of the buildings blurring by you. There were quite a few grey clouds, though the sun was visible once some of them passed by. It was only slivers of sunlight, leaving the world beneath cold and foggy.

"What was the point of becoming a hero when I can't defend myself?"

"Now don't be like that," Hizashi replied softly. "As heros we all have our limits, even All Might."

"You don't have to remind me about him." You shot back sullenly. You couldn't ever forget the fall of the Symbol of Peace. The world was forever changed that day; citizens were already questioning the role of heros thanks to Stain but that was only the tip of the iceberg. All Might's retirement had society in shambles. Who were they supposed to call to in their times of desperation?

Hizashi continued on with a particular rant about how you were a strong individual, a hero setback by the misfortunes that occurred through the first eighteen years of your life. You weren't paying much attention to it, instead your mind was running with your emotions. You missed Hawks. You wanted to hold him, kiss him, fall asleep in his arms, eat dinner with him; be a true couple for once. Like the two of you didn't have any undercover work to do—just you and him.