Sixty One

He knew he had no right to touch her, crave her like air, but he did both. And when he put his mouth on hers he recognized the taste of her, like she'd been made just for him.
~ Jill Shalvis

Track 62; 1AM FREESTYLE, by Joji
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

The next few days that you are forced to spend in the hospital in order to recover are dull, slow, and boring. The only thing you really get to deal with when you are alone is your foreboding thoughts, the haunting idea of what your parents had done and how their choices affected your life to this day. It leads you to wonder what life would have been like had they decided to keep Touya. Why had they given him up in the first place? You had so many unanswered questions that you weren't sure if you wanted the answer to.

"Our...grandparents."

"What about them?"

"They tried..."

That plays in your head like a broken record stuck on repeat. The only way you are able to escape from it is by distracting yourself. Medicine Girl hasn't deemed you fit enough to return home to Yoshio and Momo, so you're forced to remain relatively cooped up in the hospital. She never fell for your nagging about leaving the room, but once Shinso had heard enough he must have bargained a deal with her in order for her to let you out.

On one proposition: you had to be in a wheelchair. You still hadn't fully recovered your stamina and were at risk of passing out. She even told you that after the battle, you were technically still in a "fragile" state regarding your pregnancy. Meaning any drastic wrong move could increase the chance of losing them. So, you obliged.

Being able to leave the room meant you were able to visit Aizawa. He was happy to see you roll into his own private suite, even if you were pushed in by Shinso. Hizashi even happened to be there as a visiting guest and nearly cried with joy at your arrival. When they asked why you weren't walking on your own yet, you said that you still hadn't regained your stamina. Fortunately for you, none of the three men had the audacity to question you any further. You distracted them anyway by immediately telling Aizawa that Shinso called his prosthetic a peg-leg.

You didn't tell them or any of the U.A. kids that stopped by afterwards to check in on you. Not even Fat Gum or Mirko.

All you said was: "I killed Dabi."

Which meant your baby remained a secret.

You weren't quite sure why you didn't tell Aizawa. Perhaps you weren't ready, as you didn't even think you were anywhere near prepared to be a mother. You could've asked him for help, you knew he would at the drop of a hat.

But you still didn't know where your relationship with Takami Keigo resided. He had lied to you. All of it had been nothing but a cover scheme for the truth about you and who you unfortunately learned to be your brother. Had he known what the Hero Association was looking for when he passed out at your bar? Did he plan on taking things this far with you? How was he expecting it to end? A happily ever after or a quick sign off on divorce papers and never to be mentioned again? What did he want from you?

What did you want?

You weren't entirely sure, to be honest with yourself. You didn't even know how you felt about this baby. Was it thrill or dread filling your bones? How come you hadn't noticed any changes or signs until Medicine Girl had to spell it out for you? What did you want with Hawks? In all reality, you wished you could go back to how it was before you knew the truth. You wished you could live in the facade of everything being fine forever. You wanted to wake up every morning to Hawks and your cats without him having to spy on the League.