Thirty Six

Most people are good and occasionally do something they know is bad. Some people are bad and struggle every day to keep it under control. Others are corrupt to the core and don't give a damn as long as they don't get caught. But evil is a completely different creature. Evil is bad that believes it's good.
~ Karen Marie Morning

Track 37: Sin Circus by Unlike Pluto

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

"You're sure this is the guy?" You asked, eyebrows furrowing as you looked down upon the man walking casually in the street.

"Yup." Keigo popped the 'p' at the end, drifting next to you above the streets.

It was almost midnight, yet here you were with your boyfriend tracking a man he'd been hunting for the past two months: the man who left Momo and her siblings in a box hidden behind a dumpster to die.

"He's got multiple accounts of animal abuse being held against him, so I'm surprised he's even showing his face." Keigo mused.

"It's almost midnight, babe. Almost nobody is out here at this time of night." You replied, rolling your eyes at his egotistical grin.

"But we are."

You had to nod your head at that one, but changed the topic to what was needed. "What's our plan?"

"Apparently this guy has a speed quirk which is how he's been getting away so easily and evading police. I'm thinking we're going to have to corner him. I'll distract him, and you sneak up behind him and cuff him."

"You want me to sneak?" You snickered. "I only sneak around if I'm with Aizawa or Shinsou, not you."

"I know." He threw you a glance. "But if he realizes that there's two of us he'll be quick to run."

"Got it. Go ahead, I'm right behind you."

Keigo drifted himself downwards and landed quietly on the sidewalk. He shoved his hands in his pockets and started whistling a tune you didn't recognize. You pushed yourself higher in the air and fell back a little bit to not give away your position.

The winged hero unceremoniously bumped his shoulder into the man. "Sorry about that, I should pay more attention to what's around me!"

The man stopped and looked over to see who bumped into him. He looked ready to fight but when he realized who had bumped into him he froze. "H-Hawks? What are you doing here?"

"I'm just doing nightly patrol. You look nervous, are you okay?"

The man looked like he was ready to break out in a cold sweat but he mustered a fake grin. "I'm fine, just nervous because of the villains that could be lurking around the corner." He casted a glance at an alleyway nearby.

"Yeah, I get what you're saying. That's why I'm here though to look out for criminals." His eyes narrowed and the man visibly paled. "Junichiro Uyehara, you're under arrest for twenty-eight counts of animal abuse."

"Fuck that!" Uyehara screeched. He went to run but Keigo shifted his wings slightly to block him—Uyehara phased through him and darted around the corner and into the alleyway he had glanced at earlier.

Keigo touched his wing in shock, not understanding the paralyzing sensation that was left behind. His finger went up to his radio and he pressed the button as he watched you dive between the buildings after Uyehara. "Don't let him run through you, it leaves a paralyzing agent behind!" After that, he ran on foot after you. He hadn't done that in a long time.

"Understood." You replied. You had to narrow your wingspan to fit into the tight alleyway, following the black neon light that streamed behind Uyehara as he ran. You didn't want to touch it, unsure of him actually phasing through you would paralyze you or if the neon light trailing behind him did.

The man ducked under a fallen pylon that blocked his path. You took mental note that he couldn't phase through inanimate objects, only living ones apparently. The alley was getting narrower by the second so you had to collapse your wings completely to become more aerodynamic. Thankfully you were in your hero costume and your makeshift support item that resembled a tail helped you balance as your feet stuck to the brick wall of a building. Easily you bounced between the walls like a ping pong ball, your boots leaving small cracks and indents in the masonry as you did so.

You reached behind you to grab the collapsible staff attached to the back of you utility belt. Once it reached your side your thumb brushed over a small button to expand it, Uyehara looking over his shoulder to see if he was being followed.

He screamed like a little bitch when he saw you running sideways on the wall right behind him. You interrupted his cry with a smack to the face with your staff.

"First Quarter!"

The impact broke the mans nose, but you wished you could do more harm to him. Perhaps a punch to the face or a kick to his balls for each kitten that died when you and Keigo found Momo, that would be satisfactory. You stood over his fallen form as he writhed on the ground crying about his broken nose.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you Flash reject." You growled, collapsing the staff and placing it back in it's holster.

Keigo came up behind you huffing and puffing. He had little to no endurance when it came to running so he was a little pissed off that he wasn't able to fly. "I'll get ahold of the police." He whipped his phone out of his pocket and held it up to his ear.

You gave him a soft smile before you scowled are the man underneath you. He was screeching something about not wanting to die and it infuriated you. You grabbed him by his hair and lifted his head, a snot bubble popping from his broken nose.

"You deserve to fucking die for what you did to all those innocent animals, you sick fuck. You're lucky to have been immobilized by the one and only me, because I would've loved to leave you in a taped up box to die."

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧
words; 1040

thanks for reading!