Fifteen

I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you, in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you.

Track 16; Tied Down by Jaymes Young

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

There was a pressure on your chest in two different points, and the pressure would switch, like something was marching on you. It took you a few minutes to open your eyes and figure out your surroundings.

Your alarm cat was normal this time of the morning—which always meant that it was time for his breakfast. Yoshio stood on your chest with both front paws, sitting on your stomach as he kneaded biscuits into your pajama shirt. You squinted and blinked, focusing on your cat as you finally realized where you were. You knew you weren't in your room when the smell of cologne reached your nose as your senses slowly woke up one by one.

Hawks' room was the same as it had been the first time you stepped in. The room's coloring was focused on red with gold and black tones as accents. There wasn't much hanging on his walls except for the fairy lights above the headboard and the wall opposite the bed was actually a large mirror, wide enough that he was able to see his whole wingspan and the top reached the ceiling. You already knew that he flaunted himself in the mirror when nobody was around. A large skylight was smack in the center of the ceiling, small dome lights scattered around it. Hawks had shown you last night that he had a remote control to change the colors. To the right of the bedroom door was the bathroom where a shower big enough to fit fifteen people was available—not to mention a lovely jacuzzi bathtub. The last wall in Hawks' room had a large bookshelf full of an assortment of hero books and next to that was a large, dark red standing wardrobe.

The bed had to be your favorite part of the room. It was at least 10x10 feet, obviously custom made as well as the sheets and pillows that were the size of your upper body. Keigo always portrayed himself as a fashionable man supported by modeling gigs and magazines with his face on the front cover, but he really showed his style in the way he had decorated his penthouse and how personalized his bedroom was. The bed sheets were made out of some sort of expensive silk that felt like heaven on your bare skin, red with gold trim and the duvet was gold with black accents.

"What are you doing in here?" You whispered to Yoshio as you lovingly petted his head. "You know you're not allowed in here."

The look in Yoshio's amber eyes expressed: "if you're in here, that means that I can be in here, too." And you just clicked your tongue at him.

A pair of warm, thick arms snuck under the small of your back and your stomach, a burly hand pushing Yoshio off of your lap. You squeaked slightly as Hawks pulled you closer to his bare chest, and he exhaled heavily.

The man was a goddamn cuddle-whore. Even if his whole body wasn't touching you, some part of him had to. The process of cuddling positions went from your head on his chest, to spooning, to him hogging the bed with an arm thrown over you, to him having his back to you with his wings covering you.

The cutest fucking part was when his hand would unconsciously search for yours in his sleep, as if he had to make sure that you were still there.

From what you could tell, Hawks experienced nightmares on the daily. Part of the night he had been tossing and turning in a cold sweat, but as soon as you had rolled yourself into his proximity, he seemingly slept peacefully. You didn't dare question what he dreamt of, deciding that if he wanted to talk to you about it you would gladly listen.