Forty One

Here's to the nights we'll never remember with the friends we'll never forget.

Track 42; Stunnin' by Curtis Waters

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Aizawa was perched at one of the corner seats of your bar, out of your way and almost invisible to others. He was able to see the whole bar from his seat, and he was also able to keep an eye on you. He was content nursing his water in the corner until he had to go on shift, he knew that there were three other pro-heros here that could take care of things if anything went down. But that didn't stop him from scrutinizing everybody that walked through the front doors, even if they were familiar with him.

Your heart was beating frantically in your chest as pro-hero after pro-hero filed into your bar one by one, chatting amongst each other and sitting down at tables or finding seats at your booth. You noticed some immediately went for the dance floor as Mic started the music.

You were jittering with nerves, knowing that within a few moments, the one and only Mirko would be walking through your door. It might be necessary to mention that you're a diehard fan girl for the bunny hero, because hot damn could that woman kick some ass. If anything you thought that she should be as close to #1 as Hawks was. She was only 5 spots away, the highest ranking woman hero in Japan.

The first person you truly knew and recognized that walked through the door was none other than Midnight. She practically sprinted to the bar and sat down on the stool directly in front of you. She placed her chin in the palms of her hands with her elbows rested on the table, a bright smile on her face. "It's been way too long, how's it been?"

As you indulged her with a conversation and a drink, more people began filing in. Your bar was at least halfway full within the first thirty minutes, and you were moving so quickly between tables that your feet started going numb. Thanks to your telekinesis, you could whizz drinks to tables and people across the room while you were making others.

Throughout the night a smile never left your face. This is what you had wanted for so fucking long. A day of normalcy where you felt completely at home, in Treasure Wing. Nothing could ruin the mood you were in, knowing that you were safe and well-protected with the amount of pro-heros in your bar compared to who and what could come after you.

You thought to yourself that you'd need quite a bit more help around here so you wouldn't burn yourself out. Eventually you'd have to look for a second bartender to deal with the amount of refills and requests coming in. But until you could find somebody, you could do the job just fine.

"Slide me a fuzzy navel, would you?"

You looked to your left and you almost felt yourself pass out. Fat Gum, in all his glory, had squeezed himself onto a stool, preventing people from sitting in the seats on either side of him. It was comical, but you made sure to hold back your laughter as you nodded.

"Coming right up!"

You slid two beers across the counter to Kamui Woods and Edgeshot before filling a martini glass halfway with orange juice and the other half with peach schnapps. You wished you could chat with Fat Gum, but you were preoccupied with making other drinks so you floated it to him with your telekinesis.

He looked a little shocked to see his drink float over with a blue glow, but he smiled and took it anyways. He lifted it slightly in his hand in a silent thanks before he left the booth and wandered further into your bar.

To your right sat Mirko, waiting patiently for her Matcha Hai. She watched intensely as you grabbed a tall, clean glass and started it with matcha powder and some lemon juice. You added a shot of whiskey and followed it with club soda before topping it off with gum syrup.