Chapter 46

Rule:
YOU ARE A PUZZLE TO SOLVE, A MYSTERIOUS PIECE TO FIND. NOW I WONDER, WHERE YOU FIT IN LIFE?

Jasper Horton's POV

After lunch, I came back to the company with the document that Mr. Williams wants me to investigate.

It's a marriage registration.

Sabi niya may hinahanap daw siyang tao. I don't know if it involves Ms. Pound's case or helping Mr. Maclntosh's situation. He didn't make a further explanation but I guess may plano na sila ni boss.

I just don't know what benefit they will get from this marriage registration.

Or maybe isa lang rin 'to sa kalokohan ni Mr. Williams.

I wanted to ask Mr. Vaughan but he's too busy. Ms. Scarlett just got back in the office so he's probably occupied by her.

I also don't know who filled up this document but it's legit. I heard Mr. Williams gave the same copy to Mr. Schmidt but he said it was fake.

I wonder if they will use this against the board.

Lumakad ako papalapit sa receptionist desk here at the lobby.

Mr. Vaughan told me that he dropped off the envelope that Mr. Williams will be needing later tonight. It consists the profiles of the people that they ambushed from the other day.

"One minute, Sir. I'll go get it."

Says the clerk before leaving. I waited, looking at the entrance.

From here, I can see a familiar woman dressed in formal white, walks in. Ms. Smrkovski is usually followed by her secretary but today, she's with Ms. Hund, if I'm not mistaken.

As far as I remember, she's very occupied with her schedule that they couldn't even let us have a phone call with her. She's effectively avoiding us. But I wonder what brings her here.

"Good afternoon. Welcome to Maclntosh Company. How may I help you today?"

The clerk greeted her. She stood besides me, not noticing me.

While Ms. Hund was busy looking at chandelier. She glances at me, timidly smile before shoving her hands inside her hoodie's jacket.

She and Ms. Scarlett are almost the same in that gesture. And they also both forget faces so easily.

"I'm Skylar Smrkovski."

"Yes, Ma'am. We have here a notification of your visitation. Do you wish to have an appointment?"

"No, I'm just here to drop of some documents for Ms. Scarlett Forke."

Her thick British accent makes it hard for the clerk to understand her. I can see how the lady was confuse about who to give it to. The clerk hands her a paper.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. May you please write the name and the department."

I intend to help. But I got distracted when someone called out to me.

"Yo Jasper Horton!"

I saw how Mr. Clark Maclntosh waved his hand upon seeing me. By how loud and amiable his voice is, people will mistaken us as close friends. When in fact, I just met him at a meeting when we visited New York.

"Mr. Clark Maclntosh, it's nice to see you again."

I took out my hand for a greeting. He just looked at it, dismissed it before swinging his arm across my shoulder.

"It sure nice to be here! Are you going to Lucas's office?? I'm on my way there."

"I will, however, I'm waiting for a document—"