PROLOGUE

Prologue: HIS EYES

"I am a very simple person.

Though the world I'm living in will never be simple."

Before we started, I want you to know something about me.

I am not secretly married with him. Not forced into an arranged marriage. And I am not an old promised.

I am not for hire. Not for sale. Not a slave. Not an heiress. And most of all, I am not his queen.

And he is not mine. Not my master.
Not my boss. And he will never be my king, at least not in this story.

I don't have any kind of relationship with him.

Not any connection.

But ever since I came to know about his existence...

I always wonder why?

And so I made a terrible choice.

"Mmmnnn!!!"

"Aaaaahhhhhhhh!"

I came to my senses when I heard him groan. I didn't realize what was happening but all I know is that... yes, I gave everything I have, I gave all my power and pushed it harder.

But he was so resistant.

"Come on. Just let it go."

I told him softly as I whispered, trying to catch my breath.

"Fvck you."

He cursed through his gritted teeth.

He resists even more, making it harder for me. My hands begin to shake.

"Come on. It'll be easier if you let go."

I wanted to give him that courage.
But for some reason, he won't give in.

And for the first time, the sound of pain is evident in my voice. I wonder why??? Hmmm... maybe I let it showed.

I pleaded. Slowly, I sat down on top of him. I let my weight in, making it harder for him to breath.

"Mmnnnn!!"

He tried to push harder away from him but I'm too stubborn.

I undestand na kahit sa gantong pagkakataon hindi siya makasigaw.

Sino nga ba ang may kayang sumigaw kung ganto na kalapit sa kanya ang mga kamay ko???

It was too dark for me to see. But I've felt his hand shaking, holding both of my wrist when the other hand started to caress my hand.

He let out a sigh.

As soon as he rests both of his hands on top of mine, I forcefully stopped. Not wanting the tip of my knife to touch his neck and certainly kill him.

"Go ahead, if it's you I'm more than willing to die."

He whispered. Finally, he lets go. He stopped and maybe because he gave up.

But then I saw his eyes looking straight into mine.

I stopped as I intently looked back at him.

Mapupungay na mga mata.

It was in the middle of the night when I gave him a visit.

I thought I could kill him inside his own room so that the agony that will come to his way would be shortened.

I thought that if I killed him then he would never suffer anymore.

But because of the beaming moonlight that guided me to see his eyes.

I thought to myself, am I really ending his sufferings when he already suffered enough?

For me, if I ended his life then his sufferings would also end. But I guess it will never be that way.

I smiled as I withdraw the knife that I borrowed from a certain someone.

"Oh? Ba't pinagpupuyatan ka pa nina dad at Sav eh ang dali mo lang palang patayin??"

The curiosity that started all of this were suddenly gone.

But what really hits me is that how come he still wants to live despite all the things he's been through??

He's not like me.

Unlike me, I'm chasing after Death but it seems like Destiny never wants us to meet.

I stood up and left without saying a word.

I've seen Death countless times. Sometimes, I even walked the path where I could meet Him. But most of the time, I walked passed through Him.

But this time, I decided to play with Him.

All I want is to meet Death. But instead, I met him.

And so, I started to break the rules.

And that's when people started to think that I am a very complicated person.

A / N (Author's Note):

Hallooo!!!

Oooohhh!!!! Akala niyo may ibang nangyayari noh?

Pwede ba?

Pasok ba sa mga taste niyo?? Hehehehehe....

Hope you're having a good time!

Please comment, vote, and share this with your friends!

-Mika 😘