Chapter 58

Rule:
ONCE UPON A TIME, AN ANGEL BROKE ONE OF HIS WINGS TO GIVE TO A DEMON SO BOTH OF THEM CAN FLY.

Lucas Maclntosh's POV

After a few days of staying here in the hospital, she didn't come.

Williams said she did and wouldn't even leave until my operation is done. It's not that fatal, but short by few inches, the bullet might've gone right through my heart. Luckily, it didn't hit any organs. Just a serious injury and blood loss.

When I gained consciousness, I never saw her shadow. But that asshole of a cousin of mine visited here every day in exchange for giving his 'royal' blood to me. Clark never missed a day to annoy me.

My recovery became brutal because of him.

Thankfully, he didn't come today. I'll be discharged, but still, Una didn't come.

"Paano nagkakilala si Scarlett at si Clark, isa yan sa maraming tanong na pinapahanap sa akin ni Angelo."

I continue to pack my clothes, I glance at Vaughan. He slowly peeks through the curtains, checking the outside.

"Simula nung mabaril ka, he became suspicious of her. Even Jasper. Now, he wants us to dig more through her history. Any possible connection to you?? Nagtataka sila kung paano siya nakarating sa atin."

I zipped my duffle bag.

"Not that I think of. Diba nasabi niya na maraming pikon pagbuhay ako."

"That's what I said. Baka simple lang talaga, pinapa-komplikado lang nila."

Now that I think of it.

We made a deal in exchange of her life. Is it possible that her ex-fiancé is related to me??

Tauhan? Or am I one of the reasons of his death??

Nadamay?? One of the victims??

Is he an innocent or someone has who the same works like her??

"Vaughan, check all Maris Sandoval's patients."

"The doctor who operated you??"

I walked out from the white room. I heard him following.

"Yes, she was specially called by Una. Then checked her so-called father, Bono. See if he has a real child among them. Also, ask Horton to investigate his sister's classmate. Especially the kid with the name, Acosta."

We walked passed through the hallways, I was bewildered when we passed a glass window that shows a massive indoor pool. Vaughan saw my confusion, he just nodded to confirm that I'm not the only one who thought I was in the wrong place.

"Sure, this is unusual and just so you know, your room is located sa pinakang ilalim at gitna nitong hospital. Gagawin ko rin yung mga suggestions niyo but for now, pinapanood ko muna lahat ng footage ng camera natin nung nasa atin pa siya. Maybe I can get some clues from there."

Huh, it is truly weird.

I never thought of her as a mole or a spy that someone planted for me. She is suspicious, I was always thinking about the why's and the how's of her actions. But I never doubted her.

I never think of her as someone who will betray me.

I let her in my house, keep her close so I can study her, introduce her to my business, and even showed her my weakness, and she knows the people that work for me and even their roles.

She did the same things.

But I never question the legitimacy of everything.

Why?