Chapter 59

Rule:
A LONG, LONG TIME AGO, AN ANGEL AND A DEVIL FELL IN LOVE

Lucas Maclntosh's POV

When my father died, the closest thing that I can get as a console was a brief visitation from his secretary, Monni. She was the only one who thought that the job of taking care of me was passed down to her, as I have no one left.

Her way of showing care was quite strange. A once a month visitation, or a call.

I was okay with it, I didn't find it as a bother. My only little worry is that maybe it's a waste of time for her.

But among of all of her visitations or calls, there's one strange conversation that seems to be really odd to me. I remember it till this day.

It was when she visited me in my house few weeks after my accident.

"The girl that you kept mentioning in our previous call, was her name Char... Charlotte?? No, that's uhmm, something with let, like Garette. Sorry, nabanggit mo lang siya in that one call. But you sounded really happy back then, so when do I get to meet her?"

"What girl??"

"The one who stays with you in your house."

"I never let anyone in my place."

"You mentioned she also works in a company."

"Maybe some random girl."

Monni looks at me in a funny way.

For a mid-30 age, single woman, she's really interested in other people's love life. She tends to give suspicions in every woman who approaches me, and nags me to get married and not to be like her who regrets spending her youthful years with work.

"Random girl?? She sounds sweet when she called me. Siya din ang nagsabi sa akin ng tungkol sa aksidente mo."

Then maybe that's Alvarez, the new secretary from US. Aunt Lourde sent her to replace the old one.

"She was even crying. Sayang, gusto ko pa naman siyang makilala. She seems to be a lovely person. I thought finally nabuksan mo na ang concept ng marriage sa isip mo."

Marriage?? That's really far from the reality.

"Impossible, I see all the women who works in my company almost everyday and I don't have the least interest to date them. Other than them, there's this one girl who I only see at night."

"You're dating her?? Or just a random girl you keep seeing in a club??"

She really thought I would stoop so low like that.

But in a way, I think I did.

"No, she's the girl who works as a cashier in the convenient store where I buy my cigars."

"A cashier?? Not the lovely girl who works in a company??"

"I don't know who's that girl you mentioned. But this girl is the one who always cry in the rain."

"Oh no, Lucas. That's depression. Just don't hide the Char-garett-let girl from me. I would like to meet and thank her for having you sounded like a guy who is deeply in love."

I laughed.

"I don't know, that doesn't sound like me. She must've run away, knowing that she called a wrong number. Monni, I think you should just go get a husband for yourself so you won't have the time to make up stories about mine."