Chapter 53

Rule:
JUST LET GO

Tobias Snyder's POV

I let her go.

Because she's the first person that ever dare to request a settlement with The Executives and actually got approved.

The first person in our Division who had a secure position in The Officials by being the Executioner.

The person who were able to escape the Schwarz Licht, was able to come back and out again.

Who have broken the rules and yet, still manage to be alive.

I let her go because even the most powerful and controlling people that I know, struggle to detain her.

I let her go because she would allow no one to hold her.

And because she seeks something greater than life.

The Officials said she can have everything but from what I see, she has very little of everything.

I let her go for many reasons.

But for the main one...

She's a tough competitor.

"Without further ado, it is now settle. By the majority vote of the members of the board of the directors and shareholders. We are here to declare that the share of Ms. Monni Pound, by her respectful will and appeal, will be sold and given..."

May hindi maitatanggi kasiyahan sa may edad na babaeng naka upo sa tabi ko. Her smiles are fierce enough to intimidate any men in the room.

"To the chairwoman, Mrs. Lourde Maclntosh."

Everything is all part of the plan.

There was an applause for her. Smiling aged men giving their utmost respect for their the ones who will most benefit from this than Lucas Maclntosh.

"The contract is done. Signed by Ms. Monni Pound, approved and represented by Attorney Tobias Snyder."

I nodded.

Marami pang inimik, all of it are unnecessary for the woman who waited for this for her entire life. The meeting has been too long for her and even to her nephew na halata mong nakikisama lang.

Rumours has it that Lucas Maclntosh takes after his mother but surely sitting this close and in one room with him and with many businessmen around us, it certainly makes me feel that his father, the previous head of the Mostro, Leon Maclntosh, is sitting at the end of this table.

The son is the splitting image of his father.

But not as sharp as Leon Maclntosh.

"Mrs. Maclntosh, you may now sign the contract."

She held out her hand to her secretary for a pen. His secretary keeps on searching on his bag. He looks at her, apologetically. Her eyebrow shot up quickly.

"How can you not find a pen when you know we're here to sign—"

"Can anyone lend the lady a pen to sign with?"

One of the old men suggested.

Obviously he's on her side. Isa sa mga linta na pinakilala sa akin ni Mrs. Maclntosh when we have the deal that I will be giving her Monni Pound's share.

Everyone starts touching the inside pocket of their coats. Even Jasper Horton tried to search for a thing that'll help his enemy. He even asked everyone.