Chapter 60

Rule:
I AM NO SAINT. BUT FOR AN ANGEL, I'LL CREATE A HEAVEN.

Scarlett Forke's POV

Happy Birthday, love!

I'm writing this letter to you 4 months ahead before your birthday. I know my schedule is already packed for the whole year and I'm afraid that you might think that I didn't prepare for your day. I've wanted this to be special, that's why this early, I've been making some small preparations even though malayo pa. If you found this letter, that only means that you found this letter slipped into the pages of your book. I guess you couldn't sleep again.
It's okay since you still have some time and if it's okay with you. You can read this for now.
This letter should come with my gift for you but I want you to read this alone kaya hiniwalay ko na. 
How are you, love?
You must've been tired. How's today? Was it fun? Were you able to catch up with your siblings? Did you enjoy dinner?
I hope you did and I hope I was able to surprised you.
By now, I think my gift is still sitting in your closet. Alam ko hindi mo yun agad bubuksan. And so, I wanted you to know kung bakit yun ang naging regalo ko sayo.
Last year, I gave you a record of a list of songs and an audio record of me singing the song that reminds me of you.
I know you wake up in the morning to listen to the quiet sound of the starting day. You listen to the raindrops kahit na sabi ko sayo mukha kang pusa nag-aabang sa bintana, and I know you listen to my heartbeat when I sleep. You like the peaceful sound of the nature pero dahil sa mundong kinalalagyan natin at sa trabaho natin. Your surrounding was always full of bomb explosions, clicking of the guns, despair screaming and somehow, it will be always like that. That's why I gave you songs and recorded my singing as a gift for you so that even though it will always be loud around you, I hope you find silence through the music that speaks my feelings for you.
That was last year, this year, it's a painting of you. Though you can't see your face but it's you looking at the world in front of you. It's when we went to the beach, you were walking in front of me and I just stood behind you, trying to capture that moment. I know how much you adore the colours, the shapes, the light and the brightness of this world.
I didn't made the painting myself but it came from the pictures save in my mind.
I wanted to show you what I see while I watched you standing in front of me, fascinated by every pigment of this world.
The colours revolve around you, the sun reflects on you, the horizon's clear, and you're beautiful even if you just stood there.
You're always been beautiful.
You once told me that you were able to stepped in this magical and peaceful place because you've met me. And that you were thankful for that.
But for me, the world will stay the same. It will always have its colours and its shadows. But when you came into my life, my world changed. My world becomes beautiful, love. And she's now reading this letter I wrote for her while sitting next to me while I sleep.
I bet money you're crying right now. I've been telling you not to cry but for now, it's okay. It's okay to cry. By now, I'm probably awake, don't worry I'll give you a hug.

Happy Birthday again.

Love,
Lucas.

That hug never happened. But I did read it on the day you wanted, September 12.

Sabi ni Clark nang tanggalin daw niya ang mga gamit ko sa condo ng best friend niya, nahulog daw yan. Because of the day written on its envelope, he kept it to give it to me as a gift.

Siguro ay nakita din niya ang flash drive kung saan naka record ito at binigay naman kay L.

That was the letter.