EPILOGUE

Epilogue: HER EYES

I want to stay awake.

That's all I want.

That kind of wake that will make me feel everything. The day will cover me, surrounding me with its lightness and letting me float into that endless pitch-bright world.

There will be sounds, music and melodies. There will be shapes, colors, patterns and movements.

Dreams.

Moments where time will finally be continuous and endless.

I love that.

I wish for that.

But we are all weird.

We thoughtlessly stay awake throughout the whole night and hopefully wishing to get some sleep during the day.

It should be the other way around but we still do it anyways.

We're aware that it makes us tired, restless and uneasy.

But who cares, right?

We tend to seek for something different, maybe something weird for us.

We can never do something the same again and again.

There will always be a difference.

But we're not tired.

I smile at myself and open my eyes.

I stared at the open window in front of me. The morning breeze feels cold as it slightly blows my face. The smell of crisp morning dew mixed with the fragrance of the flowers decorated in this room, and that freshly brewed coffee coming from the kitchen downstairs.

I can only hear the rustles of the leaves as they dance with the wind. The warm sunlight softly pokes and embraces my hand as I tried to touch it, trying to fully imagine what it looks like sitting on the palm of my hand.

I never knew this moment could be so refreshing and beautiful.

Truly, it is a wonderful and blessed feeling.

I couldn't still believe it.

That this moment has come, I feel like parang kahapon lang naka higa ako sa isang magulo at malamig na lugar.

I can still clearly remember that time, after a party, I was breathlessly laying against the cold floor. All I did was stared at a broken window.

I remember how every piece and parts were all desperately hanging loose, just the little bit force of the wind and it will soon crumble as it should.

I can still remember the specks of dust dancing in the faint lights coming from the shapeless cracks of its broken glasses. That feeling of warm air coming from the outside, touching my skin ever so slightly.

Through the holes and cracks of that broken window, I heard the world outside.

The sounds of the engines and the cars trapped in the middle of the traffic. The rushing sound of people's footsteps and their inaudible chattering and conversations. That mixed sounds of everything that is happening outside coming at once.