Chapter 62

Rule:
KNOCK, KNOCK,
LET THE DEVIL IN.

Lucas Maclntosh's POV

I stared at the blue ocean, watching the waves crashing. The sun was setting from the horizon, the fresh air felt warm against the skin. With a glass of wine in my hand, I smiled, breathing in the smell of the salty water.

From the balcony, I glance back at the window where I can clearly see my girlfriend lazily laying down with her feet resting on it. Through the open door, I can see her head hanging at the edge of the bed, making her hair touches the wooden floor.

"L, mamaya pang gabi ang party diba?? Pwede bang umalis ako mamayang hapon??"

Her instincts are really sharp. She must've felt that I was looking at her.

"Why? Do you wanna try walking around the other side of the island?"

It's been two days of our stay here in Castillos De Los Jardines.

She must've started feeling bored since all we did this afternoon was swim at the beach.

Well technically... ako lang ang naglangoy. She used a floater to come with me. I tried to teach her how to swim but she took my words literally which made it difficult.

When I said kick, she's just literally kicking like as if she's in a fight. When I changed it and said magtipa ka, nagtipa nga siya na para siyang nasa bike.

So I guess you can imagine how tired she is, that's why she's been laying down there.

"Hindi, kasi parang alam mo yun....... mamaya pa naman. Feeling ko mabo-bored lang tayo kung mananatili tayo dito sa villa."

"Actually we're free to use all the public facilities since we own the whole island. There's a resto-bar here, do you wanna try that for a snack?"

It's not only us in here, Williams and the others are here. And also... her whole clan.

Her father, I mean the father of everyone, Papi Bono, was really overjoyed when he greeted me this morning. He said they all came to celebrate and congratulate us, Scarlett and I for reuniting.

And for coming back to the family.

Apparently, I'm already part of it, years ago. Even without my knowledge and even them not knowing my face.

He said he knows my name but never remembered my face. He just recalled it when we met at my house for the graduation party.

"Ikaw na lang, parang di ko trip."

"They have a seafood buffet. Does that sound appealing to you?"

"Hindi din eh."

"All meat-barbecue fest??"

Honestly, her clan just went all out.

They said they're gonna make the whole island functional for all of us. Everything was already built-in here, they just know where the switches and the supplies are.

Now, there's like a whole festival happening in the whole resort.

"Hindi din."

"They have different restaurants in here. Western-style, Asian—"

"Hindi."

It sounds to me like you just don't wanna move your body.

"Okay? Then I guess you're not hungry. Maybe I'll ask you later. We can just stay at the beach for the whole afternoon.."