Chapter 38

Rule:
BROKEN SCAR

Lucas Maclntosh's POV

"Sasabihin ko 'to sayo bilang kakilala ni Scarlett, at hindi bilang doctor. Yung nangyari kanina? Nangyari na yun last year. And I think, kanina lang niya iniyak yun. The poor girl never cried. You see, di pa nakaka-isang taon since ang pagkawala ng boyfriend niya. Hindi kita kilala personally but since kasama ka dito nang isugod si Scarlett. I think alam mo kung gaano siya kadelikadong tao. She watched him died... Dun palang alam mo na siguro kung gaano kabigat ang dalahin niya. So I suggest, you give back her ring. That's the only thing that calms her down. Ang kaisa-isang bagay na may connection sa boyfriend niya. Di man niya alam, pero yun ang nagpapatulog sa kanya. Kapag kapit niya ang singsing niya, ang nasa isip niya ay konektado parin siya sa taong yun. That's the easiest way to explain it to you. Now tell me, do you really wanna take that much of resposibility in her life?"

That was a long speech from Una's doctor, Dr. Maris.

She was very direct and because of her, I now know why Una's terrfied of her past.

"L?"

Una looks up at me. Her head lays on my chest, my arms around her while softly caressing her hair. She looks really sleepy. Her eyes are the same, and they're finally looking at me.

"Aalis na ba tayo?"

She's back to her usual self.

Everything's okay. We're just currently taking a rest on her hospital bed, waiting for her results to come back. It's already late but she insists on going home tonight. The others already went home, even those people from the party who strangely came to visit her, were already gone.

"Soon. Just take some rest, I'll wake you up later."

"Hindi na, nakapahinga na ako ng ganto. Ikaw ba? Gusto mo akong magdrive pauwi??"

"No, you don't know the way to my house. It'll be your first time there, Schmidt will drive us."

I felt her move. She gently touched my cheeks and faintly smile. By that, I already knew what she wants. I pulled her and she leans in, she kissed me.

Yes, I took it. I took the responsibility that her doctor wants me to decline.

I mean why wouldn't I?? She took a huge role of keeping me alive. And if this responsibility can keep her life going, then I'll gladly do it in a heartbeat.

"Bad dream?"

I asked her, caressing her hair again.

I know her doctor said not to talk about what happened earlier, or else she would feel insecure and at fault, which might result her on blaming herself and that she might never open up about this topic.

But she shook her head, her smile grew wider. Using her hand, she pushes back all my hair.

"Nope, parang antagal lang mula nuong gumaan ulit ng ganto ang pakiramdam ko. At sa itsura mo, parang ikaw din."

She chuckles, returning on resting her forehead against the side of my neck. She might not noticed it but she's gotten really comfortable with me. I just stare at her.

Do I feel relief that she's okay?

Hold on... Did I even felt anxious or alarm when I saw her hysterically fighting the nurses??

I don't think so.

It's just the same situation happened in my car. No one knows what's happening in her mind but when I saw her so frightened. I just automatically knows what to do, only I didn't know she would break down. I didn't expected that.