Chapter 30

Rule:
ONE BROKEN HEART. TWO CHASING HEARTS. ONE COLD HEART. THOSE ARE THE HEARTS YOU DON'T PLAY IN YOUR CARDS.

Lucas Maclntosh's POV

Surely these days has been rowdy for all of us. Yes, it is uncontrollable but my office and of course, my company has never been this energetic.

My employees are more relaxed now when I'm around. They can even approach me and say hi, but of course, their main purpose is to talk to Una.

She's very friendly to anyone. She levels with them and treated them equally as if they're all friends from college. There's no exemption, even with Margarett.

I think Una finds it too lonesome in the company so she purposely wants to make friends. And I let her be.

Though Una is a little headache, sometimes. But boring days are more interesting now. The usual long normal working hours become short and a lot more fun. I don't know but things are much livelier and noisier when she's around.

And to tell you honestly, mas sanay na ako nang nandyan siya palagi.

Hindi ako humahanap ng kaaway but every time I scold her, I think mas nasanay na rin ako na palaging may sumasagot sa akin pabalik.

I don't find it odd.

But what's strange to me is days like these kung saan sa labas ng kompanya naka set ang mga meetings ko, I think of this as tiresome. I feel like mas marami akong matatapos pagnasa company ako.

I came out from a client's company.

Simula nang dumating si Auntie, it seems like my clients and business partners are becoming more aware of the problems inside my company.

I heard she's been going out having dinners with them. She said it was to greet them but I guess she really has her purpose going back here.

She even introduced Marga to Una in thinking of stirring love problems inside the company.

However, Una is too chill about it. She's too busy finishing her work early so she can hangout with Horton's secretary. She even helps me to finish my job so I can have time with Marga, which I find really bothersome.

I don't really approve of Marga coming back. She has nothing here, it's just a waste of time.

But Una seems to like her as a friend so I don't really have a choice but to tolerate it so Una can always stay by my side.

"So you're saying na si Una ang nagsimula ng gulong nangyayari ngayon dahil she wiped out a whole gang in New York??"

"That's right. You know I was born there. I know how things work, even if she flew in whatever country, they want her head now."

"But you're saying that the Phantom is still messing around. How did that happen when Una is busy counting papers in my office?"

I lit up a new cigarette as we walk two blocks to where we parked Schmidt's car. He accompanies me today since I don't agree with Una's coming, this will only bore her.

Schmidt shrugs his shoulder.

"Dunno. Yah never took off your eyes from her like I told yah??"