Chapter 37

Rule:
KNOW THAT THERE ARE PAINFUL MEMORIES THAT SHOULD NEVER BE WASHED AWAY

*****9 DAYS LATER*****

Skylar Smrkovski's POV

"Yes, Nic. I've already told your mom that I'll be busy today and tomorrow. You're free."

["Never called me Nic. So anong idadahilan natin pagnagtanong si mom?"]

I just rolled my eyes.

Yes, this person here is my fiance. As you heard, we don't get along.

But there's one thing that we agree on.

And that is reasoning to mother-in-law so we can both stay apart from each other.

"Well, it's true. I'll be at the hospital, I need to check up on Scar. But your mom doesn't know it's Scar, I told her that I'll be visiting Ai. "

["So Scar is there again? How is she doing? Is Marris taking care of her?"]

If he's worried about his sister, Maris, telling their mom then he must've had no idea that Marris never really likes the thought of me being his bride.

She will not talk about me with mother-in-law.

And besides Marris is professional. She's been keeping it a secret that Scar frequently registers there.

"No worries, it's the usual injuries. She'll be out soon."

["That's good. Anyways if mom asked you anything, tell her the usual."]

I ended the call. As I walked out of my office, I saw my secretary already standing next to my door with her stuff ready for the meeting. I handed her my phone.

"Don't answer any calls unless it's from my in-laws and Scar."

"Yes, Ma'am. And also, Mr. Horton was 3 minutes early."

"Good. Let's go."

She walked past me and lead the way.

I've been wondering kung bakit lagi ko na lang dapat ka-meeting si Mr. Horton.

Mother-in-law refuses to handle their project. She's been preoccupied with other matters and so my team and I are the only ones left to lead this project.

But it seems like the Malcntosh Company is really testing my patience. Before, they want to speed up with all the paper works and start building. But now, they want to slow it down and change the location to US-based.

It's ridiculous! I mean if they want to build a company in another country then they should've asked someone from there! What a nuthead!

Wait until we bring back our CEO. I'm definitely dropping this off!

"It's good to see you again, Ms. Smrkovski."

As we walked inside the conference room, I saw Mr. Horton with his secretary sitting in there. He even stood up to greet me, I smiled in return.