EPILOGUE

EIGHTEEN MONTHS LATER...

The day of the wedding dawned bright and beautiful. The sky was a lovely shade of blue with wispy clouds that looked like strips of soft cotton wool. Several vans had descended early upon the church to place simple but tasteful floral arrangements inside, culminating with a magnificent arbor at the entrance where Jin will take his first steps towards Jungkook. Towards their new life together. The life that had been put on pause by events they could not control.

The large hall next to the church saw its own hive of activity as Hoseok oversaw the team who were organising the tables and chairs for the reception that would be held there after the nuptials. The food that Hoseok and Haein had prepared with their respective kitchen staff would soon be en route from Haein's restaurant which had the larger cooking area, along with the magnificent wedding cake that Haein had created.

Meanwhile, the couple were busy getting ready in different locations, having spent the night before separated from each other per tradition. At first, Jungkook had balked at spending his last night as a single man away from his beloved but when Jin told him that he wanted to observe old wedding customs because he never experienced it when he married Taehyung, Jungkook had quickly capitulated.

Nonetheless, Jungkook still made sure to stay in contact with his fiancé by calling him and talking late into the night until Yoongi walked in and confiscated his phone. It had irked Jungkook but when Yoongi scolded him for depriving Jin of some much needed rest before the honeymoon, he had sheepishly backed down. But as soon as he woke up, he had roused Yoongi forcefully and demanded his phone back so he could call his soon-to-be husband and wish him a good morning.

Alas, Hoseok had been the one to answer Jungkook's early greeting because Jin was still asleep. When Jungkook asked why the young chef had his fiancé's phone, Hoseok explained that Yoongi had told him to take it away to make sure Jin didn't receive any more calls from Jungkook "in case the crafty bugger managed to get a phone somewhere else."

It had irritated Jungkook when he realised that his longtime friend and lawyer knew him so well because Jungkook had indeed tried to look for another phone after Yoongi fell asleep in the other bed in their shared room. But Hoseok managed to soothe Jungkook's anger by promising that he will deliver his message to Jin.

An hour later, Jungkook received a return call from his beloved and spent a happy morning talking away as both men got ready for their big day in their respective hotel rooms. Jungkook even made sure to order the same breakfast spread that Jin was having so it would feel like they were eating across the table from each other instead of miles away in different locations.

Then Hoseok had shouted goodbye to both Jungkook and Yoongi over the phone as he left Jin's suite to supervise the loading of the food and beverage for the reception. Haein was staying behind because he was Jin's Man of Honour, and would be helping Jin and Minjoon with their preparations before they all departed for the church with Hoseok and Yoongi's twins who were currently being fed by the ahjumma who had helped deliver Jin all those years ago. The woman had come because Jin had insisted that she attend his wedding as a member of his family.

"Dada, you look so handsome! Appa always said you were the most handsome man he'd ever seen in the whole wide world," Minjoon announced when Jin came out of the bedroom in his wedding suit later in the morning. "I thought he was joking until now."

"Ahhh Seokjinnie, your eomma used to tell me that her adeul was worldwide handsome," a soft female voice interjected. "She would have been so proud to see you today. Your appa too."

Jin pulled the older woman into his arms and held her tight. He was happy that she was here because she was his last connection to his late parents, and having her with him on this important day was as good as having both his mother and father beside him.