47

Jungkook stood across the street from Jin's restaurant, and stared at the quaint facade. It has been a week since his disastrous meeting with Taehyung, eight days since he last saw Jin. It was making him gloomy knowing that his Jinnie was close but not being able to see, touch, or kiss him.

Before he left the chashitsu where they had last met and spoken, Taehyung had told him he was no longer welcome to his home, and he warned Jungkook to stay from his husband.

When Jungkook told Taehyung that he had no right to stop him from contacting Jin, Taehyung reminded him that he worked for an agency that encountered stalkers regularly and knew how to deal with them legally. Taehyung then told him that he would not hesitate to ask them to intervene with Jungkook if he needed to.

So Jungkook had taken to waiting here, in this spot for the past five days. He wanted to catch a glimpse of his Jinnie, just a glimpse to satisfy the longing in his heart.

"Yah! Jungkook! Why are you out here? Why aren't you going into the restaurant? Are you meeting someone?"

It was Hoseok. Jungkook was happy to see him again, but he also felt a twinge of guilt. He hasn't seen the Jung Cooks since Taehyung's return because he had been so caught up in finding his Jinnie again.

"Hey Hoseok," he greeted the other man. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How are you? And why are you out here like a bastard child? You're part of the family! Come in, come in!"

It was hard for Jungkook to resist Hoseok's enthusiasm. He was always so upbeat no matter the situation. He knew Hoseok wouldn't take no for an answer so he let himself be swept into the restaurant.

Once inside, Jungkook looked around for Jin but saw no sign of him. He saw Haein in the kitchen but the other man was busy so he waved as a sign of greeting, and was pleased when Haein waved back with a bright smile.

"Where's Jin?" Jungkook asked as he sat and watched Hoseok put on his apron.

"Oh he'll be in shortly. It's his first day back so he's coming in later than he usually does. He's been resting at home after what happened at the zoo. Did you hear about that?"

"Yes," Jungkook's face was grim as he remembered the incident. "I was there."

"That must have been wild!" Hoseok gasped, hands on his cheeks. "Taehyung-ssi said Jin almost lost their baby."

"Yes, it was quite scary. I wanted to kill that kid."

"Well don't you worry, Jungkook. Jin is all good now and you'll be able to see for yourself," Hoseok patted Jungkook on the back to reassure him. "So how long are you back in Tokyo for?"

"Huh?" Jungkook frowned at the question.

"Taehyung-ssi said you had to go back to Seoul," Hoseok explained.

"Oh," Jungkook was stunned. Was that how Taehyung had explained his absence to Jin for the past week too?

"It was a short trip but now I'm back again," he fibbed.

There was no reason for Hoseok to know the truth. No reason for anyone to know that Taehyung had forbidden Jungkook from seeing Jin.

"Boss! You're here!"

Jungkook heard Haein call out from the kitchen. He immediately stood and headed to the kitchen to meet the new arrival. It was his Jinnie.

"Jungkook-san! What are you doing here? When did you get back from Seoul?"

So I was right. Tae did lie to Jin about my whereabouts, Jungkook thought.

"I just came back," he felt himself die a little because of the lie. "How are you?"

"I'm well," Jin smiled as he made his way to Jungkook. "Ah Jungkook-san, I never got to thank you for protecting my Minjoon that day at the waterpark."

"What are you talking about? You protected him, not me. I just happened to be holding him."

"Exactly! If you hadn't been holding him, he might have fallen into deeper waters and drowned! So thank you, Jungkook-san," Jin bowed to Jungkook.

"No, Jin, please! You don't have to bow to me. Please stop!"

"But I must give you something to show my appreciation!"

Hoseok quietly left the two to continue their conversation in private. There was something off about Jungkook today. There was a hint of desperation about him, and he sensed Jungkook wanted to talk to Jin privately.

"No, no gifts. I refuse to accept any," Jungkook protested.

"Then at least let me do something for you," Jin insisted. "Anything you want."

"Anything?" A thought came to Jungkook as soon as Jin said that.

"Yes, anything!" Jin nodded.

"I want you to tell me how you and Tae met."