11

Jungkook took a sip of wine as he watched a movie on the big screen TV in the lounge. He had taken a rare couple of days off from work and decided to stay home and relax while watching as much TV as he liked.

He heard the front door slam shut and Jimin's voice calling for Butler Kim.

"Kim! Kim Namjoon! I need you! Now!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and took another sip of wine. His husband was a rude son of a bitch, and he despised the way he spoke to their household staff. He had told him to be more polite around them after an incident involving one of the kitchen staff that led to the young man making a police report against Jimin. The man was the nephew of Jungkook's cook, and he was trying to earn money for school.

It had taken all of Jungkook's clout and Butler Kim's intervention to have the complaint retracted. Jungkook had then sent the young man abroad to continue his education after Butler Kim mentioned that he was book-smart and had an interest in medicine. It was a bittersweet decision for Jungkook because his Jinnie was a doctor in his second year of residency when they parted.

"Kim Namjoon! Get your ass here and help me to my room!"

Jungkook gritted his teeth and left the lounge to go into the foyer. He eyed his husband who was holding desperately to the edge of the round English walnut table in the middle of the open area as he stumbled on his feet. The magnificent flower arrangement in the centre of the table teetered dangerously.

"What have you done now, Jimin?"

Jimin flashed angry eyes at Jungkook and bared his teeth.

"I had another abortion, you piece of shit!" Jimin spat.

"I hope you had the decency to tell the father this time that you were going to do it before you had the procedure. If I remember correctly, the father of the baby you aborted last year was none too pleased with your decision because his wife was barren and wanted a baby. He would have adopted the child had you told him."

"Shut your mouth, you filth! It's not your business what I do with my pregnancy!"

"No, it's not my business. But you make it my business when the father of the baby calls me and comes to my office crying his heart out over the death of his child, and begging me for forgiveness for getting involved with you. You make it my business when your affair disrupts my workplace and leaves me open to the possibility of scandal."

"Well we mustn't have that, must we? No one must know that the almighty Jeon Jungkook isn't as great as he would have the rest of us believe. We mustn't let the outside world know just how fucked up Jeon Jungkook's marriage really is, and why his husband has to seek physical comfort outside of their home."

"Don't confuse yourself, Jimin. What you seek outside of our home is not physical comfort. You're nothing but a slut who enjoys meaningless sexual encounters and conquests. You know nothing of the sanctity of marriage so don't even think that you can preach to me about it. If you truly knew what marriage was about, you wouldn't have been so eager to spread your legs for other men when we got engaged. And you wouldn't have continued to keep them spread for more men throughout our marriage."

"Fuck you, Jungkook!"

"As I told you a year ago, I would much rather fuck myself than you. It would be safer."

Jungkook returned to the lounge and his wine as the sound of breaking glass echoed from the foyer. He shook his head as he lamented the loss of the centerpiece. It had held tulips, his Jinnie's favourite flowers.