23

Jungkook looked up at the ceiling as he laid on the bed and listened to the night noises around him. He can still picture the moment when he clapped eyes on Taehyung's husband.

"Jungkook, I'd like you to meet my husband Yoojin."

His breath hitched when he realised he was looking at his beloved's face again. The one and only love of his life.

"Jinnie," he whispered softly. "My Jinnie."

But there was no recognition in the other man's eyes. No sign that he knew Jungkook at all. Just a polite smile on his beautiful face as he held his hand out to Jungkook.

Jungkook's chest constricted with pain, and his heart clenched with disappointment when he realised that Taehyung's husband didn't know who he was.

Could it be, he asked himself, could it be that I am mistaken? Could it be that this man is not my Jinnie? That he's just someone who looks like my love?

Later he saw Taehyung's husband go into the house during the celebration and promptly followed, leaving a conversation he was having with Taehyung and a couple of his photographer friends abruptly. They looked at him, puzzled by his rude behaviour, and Taehyung quickly made up an excuse about Jungkook fetching more beer for everyone.

When Jungkook returned with several cans of beer later, he was warmly welcomed back into the conversation, but Taehyung noticed that he was subdued, and for the rest of the afternoon, Jungkook stayed close to Taehyung but didn't say much.

Jungkook had gotten quite drunk at the party after that, and Taehyung had insisted that he stay the night instead of trying to make his way back to his hotel. Jungkook had quickly agreed.

He didn't want to examine closely his reasons for staying the night. Nor did he want to examine closely why he had deliberately gotten drunk.

Jungkook normally had a high tolerance for alcohol and knew when to cut himself off, but after the encounter with his best friend's husband in the kitchen, he couldn't stop himself from downing every beer, wine, and sake that came his way.

He heard Taehyung make love to Jin an hour ago. Though he knew he should have ignored the sounds coming from the couple's bedroom, he couldn't help himself.

As he listened to Jin slowly lose himself to the desires Taehyung ignited in him, Jungkook had felt himself getting hard, and soon he was stroking his cock to the beautiful sounds Jin was making. When Jin came, he came too and it was the most intense orgasm he had ever felt. His head had spun as he tried to catch his breath.

After tonight when Jin had made dinner, he was even more convinced that Taehyung's husband was his missing Jinnie. The coincidences were too many. The snow globes, the tulips, MapleStory, the song, and then tonight's dinner.

When he and Jin had lived together, Jin often made dinner because he wanted them to save money instead of eating out all the time, and he also wanted them to eat healthy.

Jin always made sure that there was kimchi with every meal because he knew how much Jungkook loved kimchi, but because of their full schedules as university students, Jin never had time to make a big batch of kimchi so he made fresh kimchi instead.

His Jinnie's fresh kimchi was special and the taste was unique. Jungkook loved it and whenever he flew home to Seoul for semester breaks, he would ask his parents' cook to replicate it but it was never the same. So Jungkook had asked Jin what he put in it, but his boyfriend had laughed and said his kimchi was made with love.

Tonight he tasted that kimchi again. After four years of going without, that first bite of kimchi in a Tokyo minka, far away from the one bedroom apartment in America that he had shared with his boyfriend, that first bite had caused him to almost break down in tears as they ate.

That special and unique taste was back on his tongue once more, and as he took another bite, he had looked at his best friend's husband across the table, and his heart told him that he was with his beloved again. Somehow, his Jinnie had ended up here. In a Tokyo home. Married to his best friend.