44

Taehyung had dropped Jungkook off at his hotel after the doctor at the infirmary discharged Jin. He didn't want to deal with the inevitable questions that Jungkook had about Jin, and he didn't want Jin to be bombarded with questions by Jungkook, so he had insisted that Jungkook return to his hotel.

Jungkook had acquiesced but only after extracting Taehyung's reluctant agreement to meet him tomorrow to discuss this latest incident. Jungkook had asked for Jin to be there as well, but Taehyung had refused and reminded Jungkook that his husband was pregnant and needed to rest per doctor's orders after the traumatic event in the pool.

Taehyung's hands had trembled badly then as he realised how close Jin had come to losing their baby after the impact with the dumbass teenager.

"Jinnie, it's you. It's really you."

He had heard Jungkook when the latter had grabbed Jin by the arm and dropped his bombshell.

"Jinnie, it's you. It's really you."

The words had echoed over and over in his head even as he followed the waterpark staff as they led their party to the infirmary to have Jin checked out.

"Jinnie, it's you. It's really you."

And finally, the words that had brought Taehyung to his knees as they waited in the infirmary.

"Taehyung, the man you married is my boyfriend. The one I've spoken of so many times in the past. The love of my life. The one I was going to marry. His name is Kim Seokjin. My Jinnie."

How could it be? It was impossible.

The Jin he met that fateful night on a Seoul bridge was Jungkook's Jinnie? He couldn't be. He can't be. He doesn't want him to be.

Taehyung was not a religious man, but tonight as he gazed upon his beloved husband's peaceful sleeping face, he prayed to every god and higher being up above that Jungkook was wrong. He had to be. Jin was Taehyung's.