48

Yoongi observed the man on the other side of his desk carefully. He could see why a lot of men fell for this male. He was quite attractive, and there was a vulnerable air about him that made others want to take care of him. But those men were fools, and Yoongi was not foolish.

After three years of collecting every bit of information about this man for his client, Yoongi knew this handsome charming fellow was nothing but a cold and deceitful swindler.

"You have had ample time to have the documents reviewed and scrutinised by your lawyers, Mr Park. It is time you sign them," Yoongi announced.

Jimin flashed a practised coquettish smile at Yoongi. He had seen a glimmer in the other man's eyes when he introduced himself earlier. He is going to be easy to conquer and manipulate, Jimin thought.

"Indeed, Attorney Min. However, I must insist on speaking with my husband one last time before I agree to terminate our marriage. After all, when we got married, we were crazy in love with each other," Jimin lowered his gaze and sighed. "You don't just throw away a love like ours without trying to work things out first."

"Mr Park, I think we both know that there is no love lost between yourself and Mr Jeon. You blackmailed him into marrying you. I am well aware of it," Yoongi mocked. "And may I remind you that I also know of the file that was provided to you when Mr Jeon informed you that he was filing for divorce. I have seen its contents."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Jimin gasped in outrage. "The only file I received was one filled with pictures of my husband and I engaged in marital sex. And let me tell you this, he enjoyed every moment of it."

Jimin's voice had dipped low and husky as he shot Yoongi a sultry look beneath half-closed eyes.

"Your seduction techniques are wasted on me, Mr Park. And we both know that Mr Jeon never consummated your marriage. Just sign the divorce papers. My client grows weary of your games and delay tactics."

"These are not games that we are playing, Mr Min." Gone was Jimin's sexy persona when he realised that the attorney was not charmed by him. "This is a marriage we are talking about! A marriage that lasted three years! I demand that Jungkook meet me before I sign anything!"

Yoongi wanted to sigh out loud but he knew that he had to maintain an outward appearance of indifference.

"Mr Park, I have been instructed to remind you that if you do not sign the divorce agreement by the end of the week, a copy of the contents of the file in your possession will be made public immediately. There will be a huge outcry from the fallout, and there is no guarantee that the Park name will survive unsullied. My client has been more than patient with you despite having to endure the humiliation that you have put him through these past months. "

Jimin bit his lip. He was not afraid of anyone, not even his father. But he was afraid of what his father might do if the Park name was dragged through mud should all of his affairs, abortions, and pay-offs be revealed. His father would cut him off without a won and disown him, and none of his past and present lovers would be willing to help him if their illicit and sordid affairs became media fodder.

"Fine!" Jimin spat at the stoic man across the desk from him. "Tell Jungkook that I will sign the divorce agreement, but I will only sign it in front of him."

He stood up, gave a withering look to Yoongi and flounced to the door, but not before throwing a venomous "Good day to you, Mr Min" over his shoulder.

Yoongi sighed as soon as the door slammed shut behind Jimin. He pinched the bridge of his nose before he reached for his phone and speed dialled a number.

"Yes?" The person on the other line answered after three rings.

"Get your ass home. He will sign it but only if you are here to witness it."