30

"Why didn't you tell me that Jungkook dumped his boyfriend to marry someone else?" Jin asked as he held his phone close to his ear.

There was a pause on the other line. Jin waited patiently.

"I didn't want to bring back bad memories for you."

"Were you ever going to tell me, Tae?"

"Eventually," Taehyung answered. "Although I'm surprised you haven't asked before. Especially when I told you that he and I haven't spoken in over three years after we fell out."

"Was that why the two of you fell out? Because he married someone else?"

"Yes."

"Were you upset that he married someone else?"

"Yes."

Jin bit his lip. He had wondered about the argument that shattered a friendship as old as the one his husband had with Jungkook. And now he had his answer. His husband had been in love with his best friend. It appears Jungkook's former boyfriend was not the only one devastated when Jungkook married someone else.

"I see."

"What do you see, Jin?" Taehyung asked, puzzled.

"You're in love with him, aren't you?"

"In love with whom?"

"Your best friend."

"Yes, baby, I am."

Tears welled in Jin's eyes at hearing his husband confirm his worst fears. He looked up at the night sky to try and blink away the tears but the stinging pain in his heart from hearing Taehyung's words kept them coming.

"But, baby, you're my best friend. I'm in love with you. Jungkook is my childhood best friend, and I love him like a brother. But you, Jin... you are the love of my life."

Jin's heart felt like it was bursting out of his chest upon hearing his husband's declaration. He melted at the loving tone in the other's voice, but he didn't want to give Taehyung the satisfaction of knowing how much his words affected him so he tried to play it off by scoffing.

"Tsk! You're so cheesy."

"Only for you," Taehyung chuckled.

Jin heard the glass door behind him slide open. He turned and made eye contact with Jungkook as the latter stepped out into the backyard and began walking towards him.

"Tae, I have to go. It's late and I have to open the restaurant tomorrow."

"Okay. Sleep well, baby, and sweet dreams. I love you."

"I love you too, Tae."