66

Taehyung was feeling restless. He couldn't understand why, and it bothered him greatly. He called down to the crèche to check on his son, and they assured him that Minjoon was fine. That the sweet little boy was right now playing with the other children in the main play area.

Taehyung stepped away from the proofs and photographs on his work desk, and he stood at his office window. He looked at the busy street below, teeming with cars and pedestrians. They all had a purpose – a place to be, a place to go – while he was high up in a building made of shiny steel and glass, feeling lost and unsure of himself.

Five days. It has been five days since he last saw Jin. Last held him in his arms. Last kissed him. And last made love to him. He missed him so much, and he wondered how much longer he can stay away before he gives in to his yearning to go to Seoul and bring his husband back.

He was fully aware of the promise that he had made to himself – not to rush Jin into finding his past – and he remembered that he had told Jin that he was not going to derail his path to recovery by calling him all the time. But damn it! He missed Jin. He missed his husband's voice, he missed his sweet giggles, and he missed his hum of contentment whenever they cuddled.

How much longer was this going to take? How much longer must he wait?

He looked at the contacts on the phone in his hand. Ever since his husband left Tokyo, Taehyung has kept his phone tethered close to himself. He didn't want to risk missing any calls from Jin, but Jin hasn't called once since landing in Seoul. All Taehyung has received so far have been text messages wishing him a pleasant day and to give Minjoon lots of hugs and kisses. It made him uneasy.

Just under Jin's name was Jungkook's name. His former best friend. The one he grew up with. The one who was now with his husband, doing God knows what, taking him God knows where, and saying God knows whatever he wants or can.

Taehyung hoped he made the right decision in trusting Jungkook not to manipulate Jin, not to try and take his husband away from him and their child.

But Taehyung could feel something coming his way. Like the calm before a storm, like the stillness in the air before a tornado. And he prayed that by the end of it, Jin would come back to him.

Because if he does, Taehyung was going to make sure that Jungkook never comes between them again. And if he does, Taehyung was never going to let Jin go.