8

Taehyung stood outside the restaurant and wiped his clammy hands on his trousers. He knew from the text he'd received earlier that Jin was already inside waiting for him at their reserved table.

Today was the day. He was finally going to do it. He was going to ask Jin to marry him.

He and Jin have been dating for the past seven months, and by the third month, he knew he wanted to be with Jin forever.

It had taken four months of planning with the help of both his friends and Jin's classmates to bring this day together. He just hoped he doesn't spoil it by throwing up. He had been so nervous on his drive here.

He entered the restaurant and was immediately greeted with shouts of "Irasshaimase!" He bowed in response and began looking for Jin's light brown hair among the sea of black in the crowded restaurant.

"Tae!"

A hand waved from across the large room, followed by a radiant smile on the handsome face, and immediately the butterflies in Taehyung's stomach settled. He made his way to Jin, apologising every time he accidentally bumped into another diner.

He got to their table with a wry grin, and Jin immediately grabbed his hand. It pleased him when Jin touched him. It made his heart sing.

"Why are we here, Tae? And how did you get reservations? I thought this place was fully booked until next year."

"I have connections," Taehyung wiggled his eyebrows.

Truth was Taehyung had to beg one of models at the agency to get him the reservation but he was willing because he wanted nothing but the best for his Jin.

"What's the occasion?"

"Something special."

"What?"

"Patience, Jin. All in good time."

Jin huffed and crossed his arms as he leaned back in his seat. He pouted his plump rosy pink lips at Taehyung and glared at him across the table. It took every ounce of self-restraint in Taehyung to keep from getting up from his seat to plant a kiss on Jin's lips.

This man will be the death of me, he thought, and I don't even mind it.