73

"Jungkook sweetie, what are you doing? Why are you here in this room? Our rehearsal dinner is in the main ballroom, and our guests are asking for you."

"I'm calling off the wedding, Jimin. It's over. I will not bind myself to someone that I feel nothing for just to save my family's ailing business. I will find another way to save Jeon Corporation."

Jimin stopped a few feet away from Jungkook, and inclined his head to the right as he studied his fiancé. The eerie smirk on his face had now metamorphosed into a whimsical smile. It looked even more sinister to Jungkook than his earlier expression.

"Are you sure that's wise, Jungkook-ah? I've already shown you what I can do when you disappoint me. Don't you remember? After you and your father told my father that there was not going to be a Park and Jeon alliance?"

Jungkook gritted his teeth. Of course he remembered. How could he forget?

New investments had dried up for his family, and all ongoing businesses had turned sour. Jungkook knew it had all been Jimin's handiwork. Despite his flighty socialite lifestyle, Jimin knew a lot of powerful men and women who swam in the same circles as Jungkook's father. All Jimin had to do was drop a few choice words or two in the right ears, and Jeon Corporation was in dire straits, headed for bankruptcy the likes of which the country had never seen.

"I don't care. You can burn Jeon Corporation to the ground if that's what you want, but I still will not marry you. I will raise my family's business again, and I will do it without your money. So do your worst, Park Jimin. I am not the man for you."

Jungkook sidestepped Jimin, and headed for the door once again. If he hurried, he could still catch Jin and beg him to take him back. He began to pull his phone out to call his father, the apology already forming in his head but he knew his father would understand. The man had known that his son capitulated to the Parks so his parent would not suffer.

"And you think Kim Seokjin is the man for you, Jungkook?" Jimin asked quietly behind him. "The American doctor who is currently doing his residency at Asan Medical? The one who just left here and almost ran me down. You think he is the man for you?"

Jungkook's steps faltered as his heart stopped and his blood ran cold.

How? How did he know about Jin? I thought I covered my tracks well. Hid all knowledge of Jin away from him. How?!

"I must say he is quite good-looking, Jungkook. I can see why you like him. The broad shoulders, the pert arse, the long runner's legs. And those lips... hmm... I know many men who would kill to have a taste of someone like Kim Seokjin. Many big, strong deviants with very particular predilections."

Jungkook turned slowly to look at the man who was now idly examining his fingernails, his face calm as if he had not just driven a gloved fist into Jungkook's world and cracked it.

"Leave him alone, Jimin. He has nothing to do with you."

"On the contrary, my dear Jungkook, he has everything to do with me. He is jeopardising my love, my heart, my marriage, and my future husband."

"No, he isn't! He doesn't even know you!"

"I can easily remedy that if you insist on following this foolish path that you have set yourself upon."

"What do you mean? What are you going to do?"

"Nothing. I will do nothing if you go through with the wedding. But call off the wedding, Jungkook, and I will see to it that Kim Seokjin loses everything," Jimin explained as he straightened his impeccably tied tie. "Call off the wedding, and I will drive him out of the country. After I've given him to my deviant acquaintances for a weekend, of course."

Jungkook shivered at the thought of his sweet Jinnie at the hands of cruel men. Men with no regard for the pain and suffering of others.

"Or I could just arrange for him to have a little accident to destroy his career. Oops! Who knew acid could burn through flesh and nerves like that..."

No! Not my Jinnie! Please, God. Make it stop! Stop this deranged man!

Jimin came up next to Jungkook, and brought his lips close to Jungkook's ears. As he uttered his next words, Jungkook knew it was over for him and Jin.

"And you know I'll do it. You know what I'm capable of. So run along now, sweetheart, and make nice with our guests. Show everyone what a perfect son-in-law you will be for the Park family."

As Jungkook walked slowly towards the door, his head low while his heart collapsed in his chest, Jimin delivered another blow to finish him off.

"And Jungkook... make sure you show some enthusiasm in the bedroom tomorrow for our wedding night. I would hate for Kim Seokjin to suffer because you couldn't get it up and make love to me."