51

Jungkook walked into his attorney's firm, and was immediately ushered into his office. His attorney and friend was at his desk, hair standing on end from frequently running his fingers through them. His suit jacket was draped on the back of his chair, and the sleeves of his white shirt was rolled up to his elbows.

Yoongi looked stressed as he wrote briskly on his yellow legal pad with his pen. The white logo on the top of the pen brought a smile to Jungkook's face. His friend was still partial to the Mont Blanc pen that Jungkook had given him when he graduated law school all those years ago.

"Hyung, I hope you don't go to court looking like that. The court clerks won't be able to keep their hands to themselves if you do," Jungkook teased.

Yoongi looked up. There was an initial look of irritation on his face at the interruption, but when he realised it was only Jungkook, a gummy smile appeared and his eyes lit up.

"Asshole! When did you get back?" He stood up and came around his desk to pull his young friend into a hug.

"An hour ago."

"An hour ago? Did you come here straight from the airport?" Yoongi frowned.

"No. I dropped my bags off at my apartment and came here immediately," Jungkook replied. "You made it sound like I had to get here right away."

Yoongi shook his head and went back around his desk to grab his suit jacket, rolling down his sleeves as he went. He grabbed his phone and stuck it in the inside pocket of his jacket before picking up his car keys from his top drawer.

"Let's go grab something to eat," he said as he led Jungkook out of his office.

He locked his door, and stopped briefly at his assistant's desk to let her know that he was taking an early lunch. He then steered Jungkook towards the lifts in the lobby so they could go down to the parking garage.

An hour and a half later, the two men were sitting cross-legged at a low table in a small unassuming eatery on a quiet street in Seoul, away from the busier eating places by Yoongi's office. This place was near and dear to both Yoongi and Jungkook because it was where they and Taehyung used to go to in their youth.

"So, want to tell me why you've been staying in Tokyo all this time, Jungkook?" Yoongi pushed away his empty bowl. "I would've thought you'd be hiding out in America after one week in Tokyo."

"I found him, hyung."

Yoongi frowned.

"I found my Jinnie."

"What?!" Yoongi's eyes widened to the size of saucers. "Where?! How?!"

"In Tokyo. He's been in Tokyo all this time."

"That's great! Why didn't you bring him to my office? Is he at your apartment?"

Yoongi was happy for Jungkook. His friend was finally back with the one and only love of his life. He was finally going to have his happily ever after. If anyone deserved a happily ever after, it was Jungkook.

The young man has been through hell and back. The pain of being forced to separate from his Jinnie to save his family, the suffering from being married to a promiscuous man like Jimin, and the humiliation of having his private life laid bare to be picked apart and mocked by the public and the media.

"He's still in Tokyo, Yoongs."

"What?" Yoongi was baffled. After all this time, Jungkook still didn't bring Jinnie home?

"Why?"

"He's married, hyung. He's married to Tae. And Tae loves him very much," Jungkook's voice cracked. "But I love him too. I met him first. I love him, Yoongs. And I miss him. I miss him so much."

And Jungkook began to cry.