54

Jungkook waited in the arrival halls. He was waiting for Jin to come through the doors. Jin's flight had landed a half hour ago, and he was eager to see him again.

It has been five weeks since he last saw Jin, and he was finally meeting his love again but this time he was meeting him as a single man. His final divorce decree had come through a week ago.

Jungkook had been shocked to get Taehyung's call last week. He hadn't expected to ever hear from his best friend again after he was practically forced out of Tokyo by Taehyung.

But Taehyung had explained the reason for his call. And he had asked for Jungkook's help, which Jungkook was only too happy to give. Though the two friends were not close like they were before, they were still cordial with each other.

Jungkook had promised Taehyung that he will not influence Jin in any way. He told Taehyung that he regretted doing what he did when he showed up at Jin's restaurant the last time he saw the other man.

He apologised to Taehyung for his thoughtlessness, and admitted that he had no excuse for his bad behaviour except to confess that he did it for selfish reasons. Taehyung had accepted his apology but told him that he was not ready to forget yet. Jungkook said he understood.

The doors opened and Jungkook immediately straightened up. He scrutinised each passenger's face as they exited, and quickly moved on to the next one when he saw they weren't the one he was waiting for. Has been waiting for for four long years.

Then suddenly there he was. His Jinnie. The love of his life.

Jungkook wasn't the type to wax lyrical or write romantic poems but when Jin came through those doors, he could have sworn a bright light shone above and behind Jin while a choir of angels sang and doves flew overhead.

But then Jungkook noticed the looks that Jin was getting from the women and some of the men that walked alongside him. He wasn't bothered by the looks that the women gave Jin, but he didn't like the looks that the men had on their faces. The men looked like they wanted to lick and eat Jin alive.

Jin was oblivious to the looks he was getting. He was busy scanning the faces of the people waiting on the other side of the barrier for Jungkook when a tall man approached him from behind and grabbed his upper arm. Jin jerked back, startled.

"Seokjin-ssi, do you need a lift? My driver is waiting outside," the man smiled.

"No, thank you. I told you already that someone is meeting me."

Jungkook could see the uncomfortable look on Jin's face, and the hint of fear in his eyes. He immediately stepped forward and wrapped his arm around Jin's waist to pull him up against himself. He felt Jin stiffen so he leaned close and whispered into his ear before stepping back to smile at him.

"Hi sweetie, sorry I'm late. Traffic was horrible. I hope you didn't wait too long."

"Um no... hun... honey," Jin stuttered, a bewildered look on his face

"I've missed you, sweetie."

Before Jin could figure out what Jungkook was planning, Jungkook kissed him on the lips. Jin squeaked as fireworks exploded in Jungkook's head and stomach. His heart sang and he deepened the kiss, barely aware of the other man muttering a frustrated goodbye to Jin before walking away.

"Ju... Jungkook-san! Stop!"

Jin's face was flushed as he pushed Jungkook away. The tips of his ears were red, and his head was bowed as he kept his eyes on the ground.

Jungkook frowned when he realised Jin was trembling. He reached out to touch him but Jin quickly stepped back. Unfortunately, in his haste to put distance between himself and Jungkook, Jin's shoes caught in the wheels of his luggage and he began to fall backwards.

For the second time in the space of a few minutes, Jungkook wrapped his arm around Jin's waist and pulled him flush against his body again. But this time their hips made contact against each other, and Jungkook felt his lower regions stir awake.

His eyes fell on Jin's plush lips, the very lips that he had just devoured. His Jinnie's lips. They still tasted as sweet as the last time he kissed them. At LAX airport four years ago. Never dreaming that he would have a long painful wait before he tasted them again.

Those lips had a salty tinge to them then from the tears that Jin had shed. Jungkook had laughed and reminded him that they wouldn't be apart for long. That he will be back soon to take him back to Seoul to begin the rest of their life together. But life didn't turn out that way because Fate had laughed at him. What was it that Jin always said to him? Ah yes. Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.

For the second time in the space of a few minutes, Jin was once again pushing Jungkook away but this time he made sure there was nothing to trip him when he took a step back.

"Jungkook-san, I'm tired. Please take me to my hotel now."

Jungkook frowned. Hotel? Didn't Taehyung tell him that he was staying with him? But he said nothing, and merely reached for Jin's luggage before leading both of them out of the airport towards the parking ramp, adjusting the front of his jeans surreptitiously as they walked.

Jin gasped when they got to Jungkook's car. He ran up to the moonlight blue Audi Q5 and passed his hand reverently over the vehicle, a happy smile on his face, before he laid himself on the bonnet.

"Q-ball," he breathed excitedly, his eyes shining.

Jungkook studied Jin as the man closed his eyes and purred as he caressed the car's bonnet like a satisfied cat. He wondered if Jin recognised his car. Jungkook had found it in its assigned spot in the parking garage of Jin's apartment complex after he moved in and found a key fob on a pewter keychain that read 'Q-ball' hanging in the kitchen.

"Jin, are you okay?"

Jin's eyes flashed open. He blinked owlishly at Jungkook before registering where he was and what he was doing. He blushed and the tips of his ears reddened as he straightened himself back up awkwardly.

"Sorry, Jungkook-san. I don't know what came over me."

I do, Jungkook thought. Taehyung was right. Your memories are back.