15

Jungkook stood behind the thick gauzy curtains of his bedroom window and looked at the horde of reporters and news vans gathered on the other side of the tall black gates of his home.

Earlier, he had returned from his lawyer's office to find a crowd blocking the entrance to his home. Fortunately, several police officers had been standing at the side, and they acted as phalanx to allow him through.

It was loud and chaotic as he passed the gates because the reporters were yelling questions as he drove by. He could not understand what they were saying but he made out his husband's name, the names of a senior male cabinet minister and a popular young male idol, and the words affair and scandal among the questions thrown at him.

When he managed to get into his driveway, Butler Kim stepped out of the house to meet him and quickly pressed the remote to close the gates swiftly.

"Butler Kim, what's going on?" Jungkook asked as he followed the taller man into the house.

"It's Master Jimin, sir," Butler Kim closed the door behind Jungkook, and took his briefcase and coat.

"What has he done now?"

"Dispatch ran a story an hour ago that Master Jimin has been having an illicit relationship for the past nine months with Senior Cabinet Minister Yeon. He is married to a chaebol heiress and they have three children. Dispatch also reported that Master Jimin has been having a secret affair for the past six months with Skye lead singer Kim Jaeyoung."

Jungkook stopped in his tracks and stared at Butler Kim.

"Excuse me?" Jungkook's tone was glacial.

Butler Kim looked away from his employer and stared down at his feet. He was unsure of what Jungkook was going to do. He wasn't afraid of what Jungkook would do to him. He knew Jungkook would never lay a hand on him.

Jungkook's entire household staff knew how protective Jungkook was towards them, and that he would never willingly hurt them. That was why they continued to work for him despite Jimin's rude behaviour towards them.

However, the same couldn't be said about Jungkook's feelings towards his husband. The staff knew of their employer's cold attitude towards his husband, and they quietly agreed that it was well deserved given Jimin's constant disrespect and poor conduct towards Jungkook.

"Master Jimin has been cheating on you with two men, and cheating on those men with the other."

Jungkook closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had known about the affair with the K-pop idol. His lawyer's investigator had provided a thick file filled with pictures of the two having secret rendezvous, and going on a week long trip to Santorini recently.

But this other affair with the cabinet minister was not something he expected to still be going on. Jungkook had believed the affair ended six months ago when the minister's wife had intercepted text messages between her husband and Jimin. At the time, she had believed her husband was keeping a mistress and demanded he ended things.

"Where is Jimin?" Jungkook asked as he reached for his briefcase.

"He's in his room, sir. He locked himself in there when his mother came a half hour ago."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"My mother-in-law is here?"

"No, sir. Your father-in-law came and took her away. They left about 10 minutes before you got home."

"Did my father-in-law speak to Jimin?"

"No, sir. Mr Park remained in the car and sent his secretary to fetch Mrs Park."

"Get me the key to Jimin's room," Jungkook ordered as he strode towards the stairs. "I will speak to him."

"Here you are, sir." Butler Kim handed Jungkook the key.

Jungkook took the key and thanked the man before going up the stairs.

"Sir?"

Jungkook stopped on the middle landing and turned to look at the butler.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what you are about to go through. The staff and I want you to know that we stand by you and will go with you no matter what."

Jungkook gave the other man a tired smile.

"Thank you, Butler Kim. I appreciate that. Please tell the staff that I am humbled by their loyalty. I will not forget it. But let's hope it will not come to that."