14

Jin gasped as he looked at the plastic stick he held in his hand. Shaking his head, he looked at the other four plastic sticks laid out on the bathroom counter. There was no getting away from it. They all said the same thing. He was pregnant again.

He swept up all five plastic sticks and put them in the front pocket of his pink hoodie. He then washed his hands and tidied himself before he left the bathroom and made his way to the back of the house where his husband and their son were busy re-planting tulips.

It was apt punishment for their toddler after the stunt he pulled earlier today, and also for Taehyung who thought it was okay to laugh at his pregnant husband, although he didn't know Jin was pregnant at the time, but will soon find out.

Their son had decided that morning that pulling tulips out of the ground was fun, and had proceeded to do just that until Jin had come out in search of the little boy to get him ready for breakfast. Jin's shriek at finding his beloved tulips uprooted had brought Taehyung running from his workroom in a panic, a baseball bat held high above his head.

When Taehyung realised that there was no immediate danger to the people most precious to him - Jin and their son, Minjoon - he had lowered his bat and taken a good look at the sight before him. His eyes had widened and he had started laughing hysterically.

His husband and his son were covered in dirt as they fought for possession of a red tulip, while more tulips lay on the ground like weary athletes after a marathon.

"Tae, you're not helping!" Jin cried.

"Appa, dada no give Joonie flower!" Minjoon whined.

Taehyung was doubled over in laughter, clutching his sides as tears ran down his cheeks. Jin wanted to kick him but then decided revenge was better so with one hand still holding the tulip that his son refused to give up, he reached down to the disturbed soil at his feet, scooped a handful and threw it at his husband.

Taehyung stopped laughing as soon as he felt the dirt hit the back of his head. He straightened up to look at his husband, his mouth opened in an 'O' of surprise when he felt the soil slide down his neck and inside the back of his shirt. He looked at Jin, a wicked glint in his eye.

Jin immediately dropped the tulip in his hand and backed away from Taehyung.

"Tae, you wouldn't want to do anything hasty now, would you?"

Taehyung smirked.

"Just look around you. Look at what your son did! I'm distraught!"

"He's your son too, Jin."

"Yes, but when he does things like this, we both know that he's more your son than mine!"

Taehyung blinked several times at Jin, surprised by the unexpected comment. He schooled his face to hide his amusement then looked at their son and raised an eyebrow.

"Min-min honey, don't you think dada will look good with a bit more brown in his hair?"

Minjoon tilted his head and looked at both of his fathers. He wasn't really sure what his appa was saying but he trusted his appa because he was a wise man.

"Okay," the little boy smiled.

Taehyung immediately scooped as much dirt as he could fit in one hand, picked up their son in his arm, and ran after Jin. When he got close enough, he stuck his hand down the back of Jin's shirt and dropped the wet earth before removing his hand quickly and running in the opposite direction as he whooped gleefully while their son clapped his little hands and giggled.

"Yah!" Jin screamed and ran after them, stopping to grab a handful of soil.

And that was how the morning was spent, the three of them chasing each other in the backyard and playing with dirt. Jin won in the end - he had an advantage because he wasn't holding their son, unlike Taehyung - and that was how his husband and their little boy ended up having to re-plant the tulips as punishment.