61

Jungkook signed the last set of documents, closed the folder, and placed it on top of the stack at the side of his desk for his assistant to collect later. He tossed his pen on the blotter pad in front of him, and leaned his head back on his black leather chair with a heavy sigh.

Jungkook was exhausted and frustrated. He has been having back-to-back meetings since his return to work two days ago, and when he got to his office, he was appalled to see the high stack of documents waiting for his signature. It made him wish he had not agreed to Jin's demand that he go back to work.

Jin – the source of his frustration. After the first day when he amazed Jungkook by unknowingly knowing his way around Jungkook's apartment, and later, shocking Jungkook when he said his name was Kim Seokjin, he had reverted back to the man that he was when Jungkook first met him.

Jin was polite and friendly, but there was now an invisible wall between them. Jungkook hated it. He wanted to go back to the way they were. To when they got to know each other during Taehyung's absence, and became so close that both were reluctant to see the other leave.

Jungkook missed the old Jin. Heck, he missed his Jinnie but since he now knew that both men were one and the same, the issue of missing whom the most was no longer relevant. Either way, he wants him back.

Jungkook's phone dinged to remind him that it was time to leave for his appointment. He opened his eyes and smiled for the first time since that night. He was going to see Jin. The man had agreed to have lunch with him.

Though Jungkook and Jin were sharing the same living space, Jungkook has hardly seen Jin since the night that he patched Jungkook's feet up. Jungkook had wanted to continue their conversation after the bombshell that Jin dropped when he said "I'm Kim Seokjin" but the man has been avoiding him.

After Jin bandaged up Jungkook's feet, he had made dinner for both of them. It had been a silent meal for the most part until Jin had stared hard at the ring he wore. A look had passed over the other man's face and it was like something shifted between them. They had finished dinner silently, and then Jin left.

He had told Jungkook that he was going out to explore the neighbourhood. Jungkook immediately stood up to accompany him but Jin told him no, that he wanted to explore on his own. When Jungkook insisted, Jin had stood his ground. It reminded Jungkook of how stubborn Jin used to be. Apparently, that hadn't changed so he had given in.

Jungkook had tried to stay up that night, waiting for Jin to come home but he ended up waking the next morning on the sofa, a pillow under his head and a warm blanket covering him.

He had gone to his bedroom to see if Jin was asleep but the bed was made. He had gone from room to room, calling for Jin but the silence told him that he was alone in the apartment.

He ran back to the living room to get his phone so he could call Jin but before he could press call, he had seen breakfast laid out neatly on the dining table with a note propped up against the pot of freshly made coffee.

Good morning Jungkook.

I'm going into the city. I made breakfast. Please eat. I promise it's good. I will see you later.

Jin

Jungkook had eaten the meal prepared by Jin, and it had given him mixed feelings. The food was not good, it was delicious. It made Jungkook happy because it was like old times when he had early morning classes and Jin would wake up just to make him breakfast before going back to sleep after Jungkook left for his lectures. But it also made him sad because Jin was not there to eat with him like old times.

Jungkook had tried to call Jin to ask where he was because he wanted to meet up with him but Jin had turned off his phone. So Jungkook was left to cool his heels at the apartment, waiting for Jin to come home.

When evening came and Jin still hadn't return, Jungkook got worried and tried to call him but his phone was still switched off. He was about to leave the apartment to go in search of the other when a short text message had come in from Jin.

I'll be home late. Don't wait up for me.

- Jin

Jungkook had immediately called him, only to find that Jin had switched off his phone after sending the message. It frustrated him.

He tried to stay up until Jin came home but by 1:30 AM, he fell asleep on the sofa in the living room once more. When he woke up the next morning, he found himself reliving the previous day – pillow under his head with a blanket covering him, breakfast on the table with a note, and no Jin in sight.

The day after that, Jungkook had woken up knowing that he was alone in the apartment again. However, this time Jin had left him a voicemail, insisting that he return to work. Jin assured him that he was fine, and that there was nothing to worry about. Unable to see Jin in person so he could convince him otherwise, Jungkook had given in and returned to work.

But now Jungkook was finally going to see Jin again. This time he was going to put his foot down, and insist that Jin let him tag along to wherever he has been and to wherever he intends to go. And this time he was not going to let Jin disappear on him again.

As Jungkook drove out of the parking garage with a smile on his face and a lightness in his heart at the thought of seeing Jin again, he failed to notice the black car parked across the road from his company's building. He doesn't see the driver lower his camera to the passenger seat, start the car, and follow him.