33

Jin kissed Minjoon goodnight and made sure the night light was turned on before he made his way out of his son's bedroom. As he turned after pulling the door closed, he was greeted by the sight of Jungkook coming out of the bathroom down the hall, one hand raised to towel off his wet hair as he walked. The action caused the hem of his shirt to rise a little, giving Jin a glimpse of the washboard abs underneath.

Mine, all mine. That's my cookie dough and I'm proud of it.

Jin frowned at the uninvited thought. He had been having quite a few of them lately since Taehyung left for his photo shoot, and sometimes they gave him a terrible headache.

Jin dared not take any painkillers for the headaches because of his pregnancy, and though his doctor had told him that some medications were fine, he preferred to suffer through the pain.

He had also been keeping his headaches from Taehyung because he didn't want his husband to worry. Perhaps he will tell him when he returned from his work trip. Taehyung's week away was almost up and Jin couldn't wait to see his boxy smile again, and feel his lips on his once more. He missed his husband a lot.

"Ah, Jin, did Minjoon finally fall asleep?"

"Yes," Jin nodded. "Though he fought bravely against it, ultimately he succumbed."

"He's so stubborn, just like Tae was when we were younger," Jungkook chuckled.

Jin gave a weary smile and turned to go back to his room.

"Jin, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Jungkook-san. Just a little tired. It's been a long week."

Jungkook frowned. He noticed that Jin seemed unwell yesterday and today. His movements in the restaurant were slow at times, and he often caught him staring into space, and then rubbing the side of his head as if in pain.

Jungkook knew from talking to Hoseok that Jin took the previous week off because he had been having slight discomfort in his current condition. He wondered if the pain had returned.

Haein had overheard his conversation with Hoseok, and immediately suggested that Jungkook convince Jin to take tomorrow off. Jungkook had quickly agreed.

"Hey Jin?"

Jin had already taken two steps towards his bedroom but he turned when Jungkook called him.

"What is it, Jungkook-san?"

"Tae will be back the day after tomorrow. What do you say that we take tomorrow off and go do something nice and relaxing so you will be refreshed when he comes home?"

"I don't think that's a good idea. I've only just started going back to work at the restaurant. Haein and Hoseok will not be happy with me if I take off again."

"Actually, it's Haein's idea. He asked me to try and convince you not to go to the restaurant tomorrow."

Jin narrowed his eyes at Jungkook.

"Why? Are those two planning something?"

There was a hint of steel in Jin's voice, and his eyes looked like they were ready to spit fire.

"No, no. Nothing like that," Jungkook waved his hands to appease Jin. "It's just we noticed you seemed a bit under the weather. With your pregnancy and all, we thought it might be best if you took things easy tomorrow."

Jin continued to look at Jungkook suspiciously, trying to gauge if he was telling the truth or if he was trying to pull the wool over his eyes. He had noticed that the cousins liked Jungkook, and the trio had formed a close friendship. It had annoyed Jin no end because both Haein and Hoseok had never gotten as close to Taehyung, and they knew Taehyung for much longer.

They've known Taehyung for almost two years, and yet they still call him Taehyung-ssi. They just met Jungkook, and yet he's already part of the Jung Cooks squad. I'm the one that gave them their dream job, and yet I'm still not a part of the Jung Cooks crew, Jin thought bitterly. I'm a trained chef, bloody hell! Jungkook can't even peel an onion without crying! And now they're ordering me around but using Jungkook to deliver the message? Pfft!

Jungkook hung the damp towel around his neck and watched the myriad of emotions pass over Jin's face. He could tell that Jin was having an internal dialogue with himself as he pondered Jungkook's suggestion.

A grimace graced Jin's face. It startled Jungkook, and he had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing out loud. Jin looked like he was having difficult bowel movements. His face gradually relaxed, like he had just released the most constipated fart.

"Very well, Jungkook-san. I will take tomorrow off and do something relaxing."

Jungkook smiled with relief.

"You won't regret it, Jin. I offer my services to you. I will be at your beck and call. You can put your trust in me."

"We'll see," Jin snapped, and turned on his heel to stomp off to his room.

Jungkook allowed himself a smile finally. Jin was so much like his Jinnie. They both liked to stomp away in a hissy fit when they were upset.