9

Two months after Jimin told him that he was pregnant, Jungkook was summoned from his study by his butler who yelled for him to come quickly to the living room. Thinking something bad had happened, Jungkook left his study and hurried outside. He was greeted by the sight of a pale Jimin being held up by his butler as they made their way slowly to the stairs leading up to the bedrooms.

Jungkook stopped and crossed his arms.

"What's this?"

"I don't know, sir. Master Jimin came home like this," his butler explained.

"What have you done now, Jimin?" Jungkook asked coldly.

"What do you think? I had an abortion, you bastard!" Jimin spat, venom in his eyes.

The butler gasped and looked apprehensively at Jungkook. He was perturbed by the look of chilling indifference on the other man's face.

The butler knew his employer had an unconventional marriage. They slept in separate bedrooms and didn't interact with each other except on occasions when they made an appearance in public. But this open declaration of the willing termination of an heir was beyond the pale. Was his employer so heartless that he didn't even flinch at hearing about what his husband had done?

"Unlike the child you carried, my parents were married to each other when my mother was pregnant with me. So don't play the victim. If you wanted sympathy, you should have gone to the father of your child instead."

The butler's jaw hung open at this shocking revelation and he quickly closed his mouth when Jungkook turned his attentions on him.

"Take him to his room, Butler Kim. You can stay with him and take care of his needs if you wish, but do not disturb me again with such trivial matters. I do not wish to be burdened by the result of my husband's multiple sordid affairs."

Jungkook turned away without another glance and returned to his study.

"Fuck you, Jeon Jungkook!" Jimin yelled and doubled over from the pain of his pointless tantrum.

Butler Kim said nothing and helped Jimin up to his room. He undressed the other man, put him in comfortable clothing, and tucked him into bed. He then exited the room but not before telling Jimin to ring down to the kitchen if he needed anything else.

He hurried down the stairs and found himself outside his employer's study, his hand poised before the door as he argued with himself internally if he should knock. In the end, he didn't and went to the kitchen instead.

Twenty minutes later, Butler Kim stood outside Jungkook's study once more. He shifted the tray in his hands to one hand and lifted his free hand to knock on the door.

"Enter!" Jungkook's voice called.

Butler Kim let himself in and turned to close the door. When he turned back to the inside of the room, he saw Jungkook looking at him from his desk, a puzzled frown on his face.

"What is it, Butler Kim?"

"I thought you might like some refreshments, sir. You've been hard at work since breakfast without a break," he indicated the tray in his hands.

There was a coffee carafe, a mug, and a plate of brownies on the tray. Jungkook gave a small tired smile at the sight.

"Thank you, Butler Kim," he said as he got up from his desk and made his way to the group of leather seats and mahogany coffee table.

The taller man began setting out the refreshments on the table and poured from the carafe as soon as Jungkook sat down. He then backed away and headed for the door. He heard a sigh from Jungkook as the latter took his first sip of coffee. The sigh carried so much regret in it and prompted the butler to turn back to his employer.

"Sir, if there's anything you need, anything at all," he said, "please don't hesitate to ask me."

Jungkook looked at him and the butler was surprised by the pool of tears in his employer's eyes. There was pain there too, and it was so palpable that he felt suffocated by it.

"Can you bring my Jinnie to me, Butler Kim? Can you turn back time to before I married Jimin and bring the love of my life back to me?"