31

Jungkook felt like his heart was being squeezed hard when he heard Jin say I love you to Taehyung. He unconsciously rubbed at his chest to relieve the tightness.

"Jungkook-san, is something wrong?"

"I'm fine," Jungkook smiled and shook his head to allay Jin's concerns.

"Why are you still up?"

"I found fruit in the fridge and wondered if you wanted some."

Jin smiled, and the beautiful sight stunned Jungkook. His eyes even crinkle like my Jinnie's when he smiles, he thought.

"I'm going to have to pass, Jungkook-san. I have to get up early tomorrow to open my restaurant."

Jungkook frowned.

"You have a restaurant? Tae didn't tell me that."

"Yes, I have a restaurant in the city. I've been neglecting it quite a bit, and depending on my Head Chef too much to open it every day. It's time for me to take responsibility again."

Jungkook felt a pang in his chest as he recalled his Jinnie's dream of opening a small family-style restaurant when he retired from the medical field. His boyfriend had always had a passion for cooking, and he was quite adept at it.

"I would like to come with you tomorrow if you don't mind. Not just because of my promise to Tae, but because you're a really good cook and I would like to see you when you're in your element."

Jin blushed. He didn't think he was all that great even though Taehyung always praised him.

You already have the key to my heart, and now you've opened the door to my stomach, a voice whispered in his head like an echo from the past.

Jin frowned. The voice was not the voice of his husband. He shook his head and looked back at Jungkook.

"Very well, Jungkook-san. You can come with me tomorrow so we best get an early night tonight."

"Early bird catches the worm, right?" Jungkook grinned.

"Eww no. I'm not a bird so I'll be having rice and shiozake with miso soup for breakfast, but feel free to dig for worms," Jin retorted. "Goodnight, Jungkook-san."

As Jin went back into the house with a little sass in his steps, he missed the astonished look on Jungkook's face.

"Feel free to dig for worms."

It was Jinnie's usual comeback whenever Jungkook teased him about his habit of waking up early.