56

Jungkook took a sip of water and looked at Jin over the rim of his metal cup. Jin was frowning at his bowl of bibimbap. They had stopped at this eatery, just short of Jungkook's apartment, because Jin had insisted.

Jungkook was puzzled by Jin's request because he didn't seem hungry, judging by how much food was still in his bowl as he pushed and rearranged them.

"Jin, is something wrong?" Jungkook asked.

Jin looked up, his face troubled and his eyes jittery with nerves. But to Jungkook, he still looked incredibly beautiful and his skin was glowing. Jungkook flinched inwardly when he remembered why Jin was glowing. He was pregnant. With his best friend's child.

Jungkook reached out to place his hand gently over Jin's. The other had begun to stir his spoon agitatedly in his bowl as Jungkook kept his gaze on him, causing clumps of rice, meat and vegetables to spill onto the table.

"Jin, calm down. Take a deep breath and let it go."

Jin's heart sped up as Jungkook squeezed his hand gently. He doesn't know what's happening to him, why he's feeling out of sorts since they left the airport.

The kiss had triggered an onslaught of unfamiliar yet familiar feelings inside him. Like he knows Jungkook, but doesn't know him at the same time. It was confusing.

And the vision that Jin had in the car. What was that about? Am I losing my mind?

"Do you want to go?" Jungkook asked.

Jin stared at Jungkook without blinking.

"Jin, do you want to go?" Jungkook repeated.

"Jungkook-san, do I know you?"

"What?" Jungkook laughed nervously. "Of course you do. I'm Taehyung's best friend. And I'd like to think that you and I are friends as well."

Jin continued staring at Jungkook. There was no longer any emotion in his eyes and it unsettled Jungkook.

Jungkook wondered what could have happened in the car earlier to upset Jin that he had pleaded with him to stop at this place even though it was clear he had no appetite. He wondered what was going on inside his head because it was like someone had flipped a switch inside Jin to turn him into this figure, staring at him like he was a specimen under a microscope. It was unnerving.

And what was with the question? Why did he ask if he knows me? Did he remember something? Does Jin remember me? Is this it? Is my Jinnie back?