39

Jungkook was about to ask Jin why he called him Kookie when there was a splash and sudden cry behind them. All eyes turned to the little boy who sat in his high chair with milk and cereal running down his face and pyjamas.

Jin immediately forgot about Jungkook and the cuts on his hands as he rushed to his son who was wailing. He picked up the child and took him straight to the bathroom to clean him up, leaving Jungkook and Taehyung in the kitchen.

Jungkook turned off the tap and wiped his hands on the kitchen towel that Jin had gotten before he was distracted by his son, and when he turned back to Taehyung, his best friend was looking pensively at him.

"Is anything wrong, Tae?"

"Did something happen while I was away?"

Taehyung's face was blank as he stared at Jungkook, but there was a look in his eyes that Jungkook couldn't decipher.

"No, nothing happened."

"Jin seemed very comfortable with you just now," Taehyung observed. "And he knew something about you that I didn't."

Jungkook could hear the underlying tension in Taehyung's voice, and his posture was stiff, though he tried to appear relaxed as he turned away to clean up his son's mess. Jungkook frowned.

"What are you trying to say, Tae? Just spit it out."

Taehyung continued to wipe away the spilled milk and cereal but Jungkook knew it was his way of gaining control over his emotions. You don't get to be someone's best friend since age six without learning some things. So Jungkook waited.

"He's my husband, Jungkook. I am his. Remember that. Just because your marriage failed, it doesn't mean you can waltz into mine."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Tae, I wouldn't. You know I wouldn't."

Taehyung looked up and locked eyes with Jungkook grimly.

"I know you wouldn't, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded."

Taehyung then tossed the dirty towel in the sink before leaving to find his husband and son.